Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a base 2018 Stelvio and when I turn it off, there's a noise/tone coming from the engine compartment. When I first heard it, I thought I was hearing an alarm tone from some other equipment nearby but it's definitely coming from under the hood. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a base 2018 Stelvio and when I turn it off, there's a noise/tone coming from the engine compartment. When I first heard it, I thought I was hearing an alarm tone from some other equipment nearby but it's definitely coming from under the hood. Any ideas?
We have the same issue. It goes off at the same time or headlights do.

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
Some systems use a stepper motor to achieve idle speed and they cycle to find "home" as the last act when powered down.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just has a recall on my 2018 Stelvio for a reprogram of the powertrain control module, which will increase cooling time for the turbo charger oil fed. Before the update no tone/sound...after that the tone is on for about 5 mins or so. this noise comes from the grill area. Wonder if it's the same thing?

·
Supporting Vendor
4,392 Posts
I just has a recall on my 2018 Stelvio for a reprogram of the powertrain control module, which will increase cooling time for the turbo charger oil fed. Before the update no tone/sound...after that the tone is on for about 5 mins or so. this noise comes from the grill area. Wonder if it's the same thing?
I believe you are correct that the fan noise is the after-run pump for circulating oil through the turbo. This is why it sometimes runs longer than others (based on oil and coolant temp readings).

·
Registered
66 Posts
same thing with my car... took it in for recall update and now I hear the Soft high pitch sound for a few minutes. Pretty sure it has to do with cooling the turbo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts