Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Just picked up an 88 Verde and am working through the details to get it up to daily driver status.

I know I'll be learning a lot about the ARC as I go along. I have the Cardisk manual and will be using that to help debug. I will change out the display power supply chip once I get things further along.

The issues I am chasing next are:

I have no warning lamp illumination at all when the key is switched on. Not those in the gage cluster nor those in the ARC. Is there a single spot that would cause this issue (fuse?)

The dash illumination lights are fine with the key on, but go very dim when the engine is started. I suspect a bad ground and voltage feedback. Any thoughts on a spot to start the search?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Mark

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh I hope it is that easy!

·
But Mad North-Northwest
10,524 Posts
The dash illumination lights are fine with the key on, but go very dim when the engine is started. I suspect a bad ground and voltage feedback. Any thoughts on a spot to start the search?
There's a ground block under the dash on the firewall. It's kind of up over your left foot when you're in the driver's seat. IIRC that's where the dash grounds to.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I suspect bad grounds so I will check that too. Good to know where to start looking.

Mark

1 - 5 of 5 Posts