Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Just picked up an 88 Verde and am working through the details to get it up to daily driver status.

I know I'll be learning a lot about the ARC as I go along. I have the Cardisk manual and will be using that to help debug. I will change out the display power supply chip once I get things further along.

The issues I am chasing next are:

I have no warning lamp illumination at all when the key is switched on. Not those in the gage cluster nor those in the ARC. Is there a single spot that would cause this issue (fuse?)

The dash illumination lights are fine with the key on, but go very dim when the engine is started. I suspect a bad ground and voltage feedback. Any thoughts on a spot to start the search?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Mark

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
There's a relay in the fuse box that controls the power to the ARC warning lights. It's probably stuck or equally likely been pulled by the previous owner to stop the lights flashing at him.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh I hope it is that easy!

·
But Mad North-Northwest
11,285 Posts
The dash illumination lights are fine with the key on, but go very dim when the engine is started. I suspect a bad ground and voltage feedback. Any thoughts on a spot to start the search?
There's a ground block under the dash on the firewall. It's kind of up over your left foot when you're in the driver's seat. IIRC that's where the dash grounds to.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I suspect bad grounds so I will check that too. Good to know where to start looking.

Mark

1 - 5 of 5 Posts