Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, here is the issue. have had the 85 spider since 2007....no major issues. Just typical things that you have all helped with. However, I have been dealing with a NO start, No spark issue since last fall. I have been through the L-jetronic check list three times. Nothing found. I have replaced the sparkplug wires, ignition coil and distributor cap. Still nothing. What am I missing? Help....I miss my girl!!!

·
Premium Member
1,910 Posts
Have you verified you have at least 10.5v using a multimeter on the battery during cranking?
Did you replace the distributor rotor at the same time as the distributor cap?
Assuming yes, then I'm with sloboy89... flywheel sensors!

I've had two no spark issues over the years. Both times it was the same temperamental flywheel sensor. I've never had a no spark issue since changing them!

Good luck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys that is my next step...flywheel sensor. Mike I did not change the distributor rotor at the time I replaced the cap. I have been trying to eliminate all issues as they pertain to no spark. Thank you. I will keep you posted.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I had a "no spark" re-occurring problem just after I got my '88 Spider. It would not start at home, or lose interest in a parking lot somewhere.
Never a pattern to it. Sometimes it would start up 20 minutes later, sometimes it took a day or so....
After a few weeks of trying other things, I simply disconnected the plugs for the flywheel sensors, sprayed in some contact cleaner, and re-connected.
That was over a year ago. It's has never happened again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts