Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally after 18 years of hibernation, I'm trying to get my 82 Spider on the road. The car has been completly rebuilt. Went to start it and I have no spark from the coil (changed it too). Checked and changed etc. All voltages are there. Grounds have been cleaned, maybe I forgot 1!!! Got diagrams etc. I hope it's not the box, but that what I think. Is there anything else I should check before I go crazy? HELP!!!!

·
Registered
437 Posts
Hi,

Did you check the input to the coil?
If the input is fine, check if the distributer get input (and coil output...).
Try to check each unit of its own input/output so you will know where the problem is.
Saar.

·
Administrator
17,779 Posts
1982 USA version should be L-jetronic. L-jet is a system. All the bits have to work for it to work at all. Peruse the L-jet Spider diagnosis page for items to check. There is no practical way to test the computers so first you must test all the components. If every other part is good then the only thing left is a faulty computer (there are two).

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
I had a similar problem with my '90. It is Motronic. GHNL might be able to add some L-Tronic insight. However, on mine it turned out to be the fuel pump relay which provides power to both the pumps and the ECU ... which in turn provides power to the coil.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts