Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yup, we're doing it again, another Euro driving trip in a Giulia Super again.

This trip will be starting in Alicante, Spain on 21 April, up through So. France, 3 plus weeks in Italy (take in the Mille Miglia 11 May and the Alfa museum), up over the Alps to western Austria for a week, then toddle back to Belgium via eastern France over several days, and end-up visiting Roland in Belgium before departing 7 June. The car is another abitsa converted 1600 Super now having its resto finalized by our friend Ben at Italclassic in Spain. It's Dutch blue with tan (Maremma) interior. He's doing a very thorough and sweet job. More on that later. At the end of the trip, we'll ship it home like Pinyo last year.

QUESTION: So the question to my "homies" is: should I do another trip blog or are you'all getting tired of this crap? And, if so, how should it be different form the last? Someone's got to take it for the team here so I'll jump the grenade again. But, why not come over and join in?

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Bruce,

Although, as you know, your blog made me feel sick with envy (;)) I must admit that I really enjoyed it, and did not miss any of it. So if you are prepared to spend the time doing it again, you have a big YES from me!!

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So far, 1 yes, 36 silent. Will see where this goes. I'll probably end up sending you an e-mail every couple of days! ;)

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Emails the heck, you say!
Vee haf vays uf makink you post!

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is THAT your best Austrian accent! Ugh!! Last year it was Dutch and French. You really get into this. Just come on over!!! You rent the MiTo and we'll drive over Furka Pass together and get a knoodle and schnitzel in Innsbruck. ;)

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
OK OK
Try this, then
Wir haben weisen der herstellung sie des pfostens
It's tempting, but not possible this year. Things not going as expected for my return home.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Blog?? Heck yes

"should I do another trip blog or are you'all getting tired of this crap?"

Most of us are only armchair travelers. I eat up that crap up !!
Since my unemployment ran out I can hardly pay attention anymore.
Blog away !!

·
Senior TEXAS member
1,526 Posts
Of course you must post! After all you are our eyes, our ears, our tastebuds! :p

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
OK Bruce, I told you we have ways of making you post. Do you still doubt me?

So, you are leaving out on San Jacinto Day? You'll miss the party. I'll be at Muster.

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We'll wave upon takeoff!! Bye!! Sucka . . ;)

·
Registered
65 Posts
The Pinyo blog is a great read. I really enjoyed the photos and commentary.
I'm looking forward to the my next vicarious European vacation.
Be safe....

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Upside down in a dark, dank cave, still looking form my Batmobile . . :confused: . . or at the bar wishing I had a Kreik. :cool: Or driving Pinyo between the two and having a blast!! :) Thanks for Pinyo!! :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts