Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see absolutely no need for the new "Book Reviews" forum, supposedly "for the review of books related to Alfa Romeo ".

IMO, Alfa books are only of 2 kinds: Either model specific (in which case the book review belongs in the sub-forum pertaining to that model), or about Alfa in General (in which case the book review belongs in the "History" forum).

The only thread in the new forum isn't even about Alfa Romeo (or anything related to it) -- and therefore belongs squarely in the "Off-Topic Talk" sub-forum.

·
Premium Member
13,488 Posts
I suggested it and I contributed a book that I had just read. Another ABB member has told me off line that he has bought a copy based upon my review.

·
Richard Jemison
7,189 Posts
Just your opinion Rudi. All of us have related interest to our cars and racing.
You seem to have a exaggerated value of " your opinions". I`m sure others might have a different view as I do.

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just your opinion Rudi. All of us have related interest to our cars and racing.
You seem to have a exaggerated value of " your opinions". I`m sure others might have a different view as I do.
Unlike you, I don't have an urge to turn every disagreement into a personal attack.

·
Super Moderator
10,184 Posts
OK boys, calm down - let's keep personal comments off the BB.

While book reviews may be a bit outside the mainstream of the BB, there are other precedents: sections dedicated to topics like Transportation, Commercial, Industrial Products (last contribution was 5 months ago) and Audio, Electrical & Acoustics (last contribution was 2 months ago). I have no personal interest in those two areas, but can understand that others might.

In my opinion, the Book Reviews section would get more activity if it included books on all topics - not just Alfa Romeos. Want to discuss a book about Porsches? Or "Harry Potter"? Why not, as long as the discussions are civil.

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In my opinion, the Book Reviews section would get more activity if it included books on all topics - not just Alfa Romeos. Want to discuss a book about Porsches? Or "Harry Potter"? Why not, as long as the discussions are civil.
Then, (a) the subtitle of the forum should be changed, and (b) it probably should not be the first entry on the forums page.

·
Super Moderator
10,184 Posts
Then, (a) the subtitle of the forum should be changed, and (b) it probably should not be the first entry on the forums page.
I don't disagree. But please understand that the moderators' control over the appearance of the BB is pretty limited - we can make requests to VerticalScope, but they manage 100's of other BB's, have to work within the confines of XenForo shell, etc. etc. So things don't always happen just the way, or within the timeframe that we might chose.

·
Premium Member
13,488 Posts
This is a tempest in a tea cup.

·
Out of the office!
11,649 Posts
I don't disagree. But please understand that the moderators' control over the appearance of the BB is pretty limited - we can make requests to VerticalScope, but they manage 100's of other BB's, have to work within the confines of XenForo shell, etc. etc. So things don't always happen just the way, or within the timeframe that we might chose.
Jay, I created the forum and the description. I've changed the description to:

Forum for the review of any book that is related to anything that has to do with a motor vehicle(s) with two or more wheels.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Gadzooks! It’s just a book review page. If you don’t like it don’t look at it. It’s just that simple.

·
Super Moderator
10,184 Posts
Jay, I created the forum and the description. I've changed the description to: Forum for the review of any book that is related to anything that has to do with a motor vehicle(s) with two or more wheels.
I like that better, and think that Alfaparticle will as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts