Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
A quick query, I have checked the horn, (arcross a battery) it works. I have checked the regulator as best I can, it clicks when horn buttons pressed. I have checked the fuses, none blown. Still the horn won't work ' on the button' any ideas, I need to fix it for MOT.

Thanks

Patrick

·
Premium Member
14,037 Posts
The horn relay probably has 3 connections. One has 12 volts, one goes to the horns and the other goes to the horn button. When you press the horn button it grounds that connection and pulls in the relay which then connects the 12 volts to the horns. If the relay pulls in but the horns do not sound then you could have bad contacts in the relay or you could have a disconnect in the circuit between the relay and the horns. Identify the connectoion for the wire to the horns and connect a volt meter to it and measure the voltage to ground when the button is pressed. If it does not go to 12v then you probably have a bad relay. If it goes to 12V but the horns are silent then you should trace the wire from the relay to the horns and find where it is open circuit.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Check the cable running down the steering shaft. On my S2 there was an original wire connector that cracked at the bottom, near the steering box.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi following on from above does anyone have a wiring diagram for a 1984 Spider, I have a manual but it is up to 1978 not sure is it's the same, I seem to have different wiring from my fuse/relay board. Also wiring in book shows 2 no 10 electrical relays are these the same one just shown twice?

Thanks

Patrick

1 - 4 of 4 Posts