Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've run into a problem on my 92 164. I have no heat. Upon investigation, I found the air mix stepper is working and moving the cable. The problem is the engine side of the cable is no longer connected to the post on the door lever because it seems to have broken off. Who has a good idea of how to get in there and come up with a fix to get the cable attached to the plastic lever? I really have no desire to pull out the whole heat/AC assembly.

Thanks,
Thad

·
1991 164L
27,633 Posts
I've run into a problem on my 92 164. I have no heat. Upon investigation, I found the air mix stepper is working and moving the cable. The problem is the engine side of the cable is no longer connected to the post on the door lever because it seems to have broken off. Who has a good idea of how to get in there and come up with a fix to get the cable attached to the plastic lever? I really have no desire to pull out the whole heat/AC assembly.

Thanks,
Thad
Is lever still there and just tab (post) cable was hooked to gone/broken off?

I know there isn't much room to get to lever but I just did a blower motor change on my son's ebay special and found a creative repair. PO had drilled a small hole in end of arm where tab had broken off and inserterd a DRY WALL SCREW though end of cable and into arm.

I doubt unless you have a small 90 degree angle adapter for a drill motor to hold drill bit you can drill hole and get DW screw in lever in there but screw repair it worked.

If you can push lever towards fire wall with a long screwdriver you will get heat.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts