Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
90 Spider with Motronic. Had the injectors cleaned by OK Injectors, installed new cap & rotor. Installed new carpeting. Now it won't start. Checked spark & the plugs are firing. Followed some advice here such as fuse next to ECU. Question: I find only 2 grounds under the parcel shelf. Are there more hiding somewhere? It is mentioned that the fuel pump must be grounded. Is it one of the 2 black wires that are under the shelf behind the driver? They are identical. I'm worried that I missed something when I installed the carpeting. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

·
Administrator
17,509 Posts
Remove the spark plugs. Do they look wet & smell like gasoline? Clean or replace them - they might be fouled from unsuccessful starting attempts.

(may we assume there is gas in the tank...?)

The main computer grounds are on the engine. Right side towards the rear I believe. And make sure the block is properly grounded for a complete circuit.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Plugs are dry and grounds were cleaned during winter. I don't believe this to be electrical. Is there a third ground wire under the shelf that I could have misplaced ? The pump does not give that brief buzz when I turn the key.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts