Alfa Romeo Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1983 Spider Veloce
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
No flow. I was able to take it off completely without spilling the fluid. It’s on the bench in a vice now, I’m gonna mess with the piston position to see if it will flow water through when held very slightly pushed in (thinking maybe the pin needs to be extended). I took the rubber grommets off to make sure all the holes are lifted up. The design has the holes in slightly different positions, but all areas are still getting fluid. With this much already done, I’m giving bench bleeding another go tomorrow

·
Registered
1983 Spider Veloce
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Well… only one of the ports drips fluid while on the bench. Here’s a video. Might be time to get another new MC…

·
But Mad North-Northwest
13,110 Posts
Something just seems very weird. With the piston fully to the rear you should have straight flow from the reservoir into the cylinder then to the outlets. If you pull vacuum at that rear port can you get fluid?

At this point I'm thinking you might have a bad MC. It wouldn't be the first time, dude a couple weeks ago got a new caliper where they hadn't drilled the bleeder hole fully.

·
Registered
1983 Spider Veloce
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Called up Rock Auto and the warranty for Beck Armley MCs is a year, so I’m returning it under warranty thankfully.

I removed the reservoir and checked the old MC for steady flow while on the bench. It drips fine without any pressure. Fingers crossed for now, hopefully I’ll receive the new MC before I head back to school. Thank you for your help!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts