Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No blinkers. 2 shops. Bought new relay switch from vicks auto. Nothing. Changed out every fuse. Looked at guys wire diagram nothing. A mechanic says i need this. Of course no one has it. No one! All ebay sells are no longer available. Any suggestions of a work around or where to get this 6 prong 12v 10a relay switch. 113 19 42 027 00.... btw it comes up as fog lights which I dont even have so this mechanic could be a fool making this search for a pot of gold at bottom of rainbow!

·
Registered
3,556 Posts
It's always helpful to post the year and model of your Alfa to assist with troubleshooting.

There are four of those relays on ebay right now 113194202700 in eBay Motors | eBay

You need good power, ground, wiring, switch and a flasher to make your blinkers blink. Have you (or the mechanics) checked everything else?

·
Super Moderator
'66 Sprint GT, '67 Duetto, '70 BMW 2800CS
12,498 Posts
Do your lights flash in "emergency / hazard" mode?

Did the turn signals ever work? Did you change anything between "work OK" and now? E.g., have you switched any of your turn signal bulbs from incandescent to LED?

What sort of a flasher did Vicks sell you? Mechanical or electronic?

I wouldn't be too dismissive of that mechanic who recommended an electronic flasher. They can solve a myriad of turn signal problems. I have no idea whether a p/n 113 19 42 027 00 is the right e-flasher for your model ???? Alfa, but figuring out what IS the right p/n, sourcing one and installing it might get you somewhere.

Reactions: Captain

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its 86 spider. Vick just sold me the relay. Some genius kid got in there and started putting wires to control buttons. Its just a fun Sunday car, but this is a college town and cops everywhere. When one is behind me I just drive straight until he is gone.

This was the only relay that did not have power. I read it was in the fog light port which wont help me. But... mechanic thinks, so worth a try

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bougbt that relay. Thank you. However, I am being told this. You guys advise i get new or dig for used one?
Tie Font Sleeve Office supplies Electronic device

1 - 7 of 7 Posts