Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Chip (Alfaracer75) took this picture while we were in Willow Springs for the Time Trial/Races.

Car has upgraded brakes (4-pot Brembos), 12" Coleman vented front rotors, suspension setup by Beninca Motors, Australia, 3.0V6 from a 164S, including electronics. Wheels in the pic are SSR Competitions in 16x7 (11lbs each). Car runs a full street interior - including times on the track ...

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey Nizam,

The 75 looks great! Looks like we found this new site at about the same time.

I hope we get to blast around with a nice group of Alfas again soon.

·
Admin
4,862 Posts
Nizam,

I went to your website and liked it alot. I especialy liked the footage from your car cam. I wanted you to take out the NSX so bad my palms were sweating. Maybee I should start a forum where everyone can post links to their video footage? What do you think?

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think that might be a good idea. Movies tend to be rather large so links to them would be good. However, I think it should be a sub-category of the competition/events section.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bought those from The Tire Rack.

Told them it was for a 2001 Celica GTS. It is 16x7, 35mm offset (just right!)

Once I got it, my machinist 'moved' the lugholes by 1mm. The Celica has a 5x100mm bolt pattern, while the Milano/75 has 5x98mm bolt pattern. So, they all need to be 'moved' 1mm toward the center. A few of the more sophisticated ricer shops now offer redrilling services so that's an easy thing to do.

Actually, there's a set on eBay right now. Do a search for 'SSR Comp*' and you'll come up with a set (with tires!)

·
Premium Member
614 Posts
Thanks! How did the machinest go about 'moving' the holes? Did he have to fill them in, & redrill them? Also, is the hub diamter correct?

I have a machinist that can do this sort of stuff relatively cheap, & he does an excellent job. However, most of his work is industrial, not automotive. Therefore, I have to tell him exactly what I need done.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Michael and Nizam,

I have a set of 5 x 100 wheels on my 164, which has the same 5 x 98 pattern as the 75/Milano. I used a set of bolts that has a floating collar, allowing the bolts to center in the holes while compensating for the minor difference in the pattern. I wish I knew where you could get a set, but they came with the wheels (Fittipaldi Avus II) from Tire Rack, who swear they didn't send them to me! I just wanted to mention an alternative to redrilling the wheels.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Yes there are Chip, remember that guy in Holland with those 18" OZ Superleggeras on his 75 EVO? Lennouk. It's called DADO nuts made by Alessio. But forget it. It's almost impossible to get in the US. Drill the wheels I say.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No 'fill and redrill' necessary. Just drill.

What you end up with is a slightly elongated hole, but the difference is so slight you have to really stare at it to see it.

Also, the shoulder that comes in contact with your lugnuts is machined to the taper of your lugnut so each redrilled hole is going to mate correctly.

As for the hub centers, most new cars have larger diameter hubs than ours. You will need to make a centering ring (easily done by your machinist if he has a lathe). In fact, most new aftermarket wheels are purposely made that way to ensure greatest variety of application. They just provide the correct centering wheel for the application.

·
Registered
667 Posts
75evo said:
Yes there are Chip, remember that guy in Holland with those 18" OZ Superleggeras on his 75 EVO? Lennouk. It's called DADO nuts made by Alessio. But forget it. It's almost impossible to get in the US. Drill the wheels I say.
Ah yes... now I remember hearing about the DADO nuts... probably from you :p

Drilling the wheels sounds like a better idea to me. What happens if you take your car to the tire shop and they lose one or more of your lugs nuts and try to replace them with regular ones... seems to me that life would be a little simpler in the long run if you just redrill them.

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
DADO Nutz

alessio wheels has a west coast office/warehouse in ontario, close to fontana where ca speedway is. i used to sell their wheels but it never picked up with the customers at the shop. give them a call, they may have the nuts in stock.
anthony

1 - 13 of 13 Posts