1,875 Posts
"This car absolutely CANNOT be saved"

Refreshingly honest.

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
This is just scary.
Jay

Man, you ain't lyin'. He's pretty straightforward in his description but I can't imagine what kind of reserve he would have on a car that bad. I see maybe $400 worth of parts there. Purchase price, towing costs, 50+ hours of your life parting it out, tetnus shots... even a bottom feeder like me would be afraid of this one. I did part out a $100 GT Sprint Veloce that was this rusty one time but it had about $300 worth of repair panels sitting in the back seat and a usable 1600 block. I can't see anything in the ebay car that I would want to put in another car except maybe the glass! I'm sure someone will prove me wrong.

Bill

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
:( Doesn't even have the magical words " Ran well when parked."

·
Registered
222 Posts
didnt i see this under " can this paint job be saved" ...i think the consensus was that it just needed a cut polish

·
Registered
620 Posts
This is the kind of thing that drives me wild. Sort of like the TV show "Pimp my ride". If only I had a fraction of the money wasted to restore my car I'd be happy. About the only thing I find attractive about this car is the fact that I wouldn't have to spend so much time lying on my back under it, sliding around in oil/brake fluid......

·
Registered
45 Posts
I think the moster truck look is cool. As with everything each to their own.Besides why not pick a car you love if you want to build a monster truck, makes sense to me.
Would be a pretty cool sight to see it crashing through the Swiss mountains. I assume the guy who built it is not what you would call "typically Swiss". I can see this being Akitamans next project.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts