Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Nice night for a drive in NJ

1K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  ksuzzo 
#1 ·
None of this winter hibernation stuff.

If the roads are dry, I will drive the Spider.

I just won't drive it if the roads are wet or covered in salt

See less See more
#3 ·
We need some rain to get the salt off the roads. I want to get all my driving in before mid-March as the foot surgeon is telling me no Alfa for three months after surgery. Can I work the clutch with a cane? (The car looks great!)

#7 ·
I had a friend that was a polio survior, had a metal brace on his left leg, and he drove a mid-70's Alfa Spider. He used a refillable compressed air tank mounterd behind the seats and a pneumatic actuator to depress the clutch pedal. He never missed a shift. Drove the car for years.

#5 ·
None of this winter hibernation stuff.

If the roads are dry, I will drive the Spider.

I just won't drive it if the roads are wet or covered in salt
View attachment 1674174
I am a big fan of the non traditional Italian car colors. Really like the green. Looks great. PS I do own a black spider and love it too. Heck guess I like Alfa’s in any color. :)

Ken

#9 ·
For those wondering, I wouldn't take the Spider out if the road was wet, but in regards to salt dust, I am not too concerned about that.

I have never had any issues with it in the last 15 years.

The first few years of ownership this car was a garage queen, but now I try to drive it whenever the weather is good, not worrying about rust, etc.

#14 ·
Hit and miss up here in Morris county. Roads are generally clear but lots of salt dust and big chunks spit up, and salt-laden snow melt. I guess you guys are not that far away though. I never joined the local club, but have been having my Alfa’s serviced at EuroTec in Livingston since 1992. Does gtv6 qualify as a classic Alfa? I actually sold one of mine last fall in anticipation of my current one being ready this spring. It is almost done - in Seattle - needs to be brought back. Good, not too long story.

#21 ·
There is still too much pooling salt water to take any of the toys out way up north here. Though that's not a big deal since two are burried still, one is dissasembled, and I am fairly sure the Alfa has a loose #3 rod bearing. Oh well! It will all get there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.