Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
None of this winter hibernation stuff.

If the roads are dry, I will drive the Spider.

I just won't drive it if the roads are wet or covered in salt

·
Registered
410 Posts
Looks amazing as usual

Kevin

1993 Spider Veloce
2016 4c Coupe
2018 4c Spider

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
We need some rain to get the salt off the roads. I want to get all my driving in before mid-March as the foot surgeon is telling me no Alfa for three months after surgery. Can I work the clutch with a cane? (The car looks great!)

·
Registered
633 Posts
Today should be nice, Sunnis out but the salt dust still everywhere?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
None of this winter hibernation stuff.

If the roads are dry, I will drive the Spider.

I just won't drive it if the roads are wet or covered in salt
View attachment 1674174
I am a big fan of the non traditional Italian car colors. Really like the green. Looks great. PS I do own a black spider and love it too. Heck guess I like Alfa’s in any color. :)

Ken

·
Registered
633 Posts
The new green Giulia and Stelvio look awesome. Green is maybe my favorite color on any spider.

·
Registered
33 Posts
We need some rain to get the salt off the roads. I want to get all my driving in before mid-March as the foot surgeon is telling me no Alfa for three months after surgery. Can I work the clutch with a cane? (The car looks great!)
I had a friend that was a polio survior, had a metal brace on his left leg, and he drove a mid-70's Alfa Spider. He used a refillable compressed air tank mounterd behind the seats and a pneumatic actuator to depress the clutch pedal. He never missed a shift. Drove the car for years.

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
I had a friend that was a polio survior, had a metal brace on his left leg, and he drove a mid-70's Alfa Spider. He used a refillable compressed air tank mounterd behind the seats and a pneumatic actuator to depress the clutch pedal. He never missed a shift. Drove the car for years.
Maybe I can convince them that driving the car is physical and emotional therapy! The one I have to be worried about is "she that must be obeyed".

·
Registered
7,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
For those wondering, I wouldn't take the Spider out if the road was wet, but in regards to salt dust, I am not too concerned about that.

I have never had any issues with it in the last 15 years.

The first few years of ownership this car was a garage queen, but now I try to drive it whenever the weather is good, not worrying about rust, etc.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Great color! Unfortunately my neighborhood in Old bridge is still a mess!

·
Registered
7,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Great color! Unfortunately my neighborhood in Old bridge is still a mess!
Didn't realize how close you are to me.

I am in East Brunswick.

·
Registered
7,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So close! There are not many classic Alfas around here.
None.

Are you a member of AROC NJ?

Where do you get your car serviced?

·
Registered
633 Posts
Hit and miss up here in Morris county. Roads are generally clear but lots of salt dust and big chunks spit up, and salt-laden snow melt. I guess you guys are not that far away though. I never joined the local club, but have been having my Alfa’s serviced at EuroTec in Livingston since 1992. Does gtv6 qualify as a classic Alfa? I actually sold one of mine last fall in anticipation of my current one being ready this spring. It is almost done - in Seattle - needs to be brought back. Good, not too long story.

·
Registered
26 Posts
None.

Are you a member of AROC NJ?

Where do you get your car serviced?

No but I will join. I have only had the car for a few years and done all the minor work myself, however it would be good to have a reliable mechanic close. I'll take any recommendations!

·
Registered
7,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No but I will. I have only had the car for a few years and done all the minor work myself, however it would be good to have a reliable mechanic close. I'll take any recommendations!
Would love to see your Alfa in person one day being so close!

·
Registered
129 Posts
My car is in Sayreville.... Keep me in mind if you plan a meet up in spring.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts