Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
Mike,

I've been in touch with the owner for a couple of days.

The color isn't "green"; it's Beige Montebello, which is a putty color with a very slight olive cast. And the alloys are standard aluminum Cromodora. Looks like a nice example.

·
Registered
8,192 Posts
Ed, are those 6" wheels?.. they look a little broad to me. My 5 1/2' s don't seem to stick out like that. I love it..then I am partial. Hope it makes the number it deserves.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks very attractive in these colors. Worth exploring. SHould take a car out to the Lake across Ortega Highway and check it out.

Mike

·
Registered
25 Posts
Since I haven´t found a decent convertible yet, I start looking in this direction! I sold my Fulvia coupe two years ago, but miss it badly! Since I live in SF, I have som trouble going south to check out this one, but if anyone of you guys go there to check it out, I would love to get in touch and hear more about it.
Of course I am most concerned about the usual Fulvia issues, ie rust in sills, back triangle of front wings, floor, gas tank etc, and mecanical; oil leaks, "chain rattles", clutch and transmission function, sub frame condition.

If anyone has "first hand info", I would also love to have a phone call: 415 497 6968
All the best from Don Camillo aka Hans-Jørgen Svartvasmo

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
Don,

I'll be calling the owner in the next day or so. And I'll talk to Adan and see if we can't go take a look; he and I were talking about the car this afternoon.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Let me know if/ when you go - We might do a Ortega Highway fun run.

Mike

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanx 1,6HF :)
Like I´ve allways told my friends; you hardly find better company then among car enthousiasts! I really appreciate to get some qualified feed back concerning the car. It looks so nice, and it really is a temptation. Imagine rev´ing it through some twisted countryside roads, faceing the Pacific. Espresso break, than hit the road again :))

·
Registered
7,390 Posts
that is one nice lancia!

great color combination.

looks to be in near perfect shape.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
Saw the car today. Very honest car, with relatively few needs. Drives very well; very smooth engine. Engine bay a bit grubby, but no obvious leaks and no obvious issues. Engine is correct type and serial number suggests that it is original (no such thing as "matching numbers" Fulvia). Did not do full function checks, but has air horns added (on city/highway switch) and they work fine, as do turn signals.

Body appears solid; no obvious rust bubbles. Some minor rust in trunk floor, but easily sorted (i.e., does not need new metal). Wheels are 6J x 14 Cromodoras; tires smaller diameter than stock, but nearly new with modern directional tread.

Seats in good condition. Bottom of interior door panels need a little work; vinyl is puckered and trim is tweaked. Passenger window mechanism needs lubrication. Replacement wood dash sits about 1/8" proud--needs the back relieved to fit around the instrument attachment points (this is very typical of replacement dashes). Headliner original and in good shape, but some minor staining in driver's rear corner.

Appears to be a solid driver that can be driven as the minor issues are sorted; easily worth more than the current $10,600 bid IMHO.

Caveat: free PPIs are worth every cent you pay for them.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Caveat: free PPIs are worth every cent you pay for them.
Thanks, Ed (And Adan). I feel I got my money's worth :)

·
Registered
830 Posts
Thanks, Ed (And Adan). I feel I got my money's worth :)
I saw the car with ed today, and is a fine example. minor details as for the price I agree with Ed. I feel that if the person who buys this car will do fine even if he improves some small issues can not be up side down. it can definetly be a daily driver. doors and trunk close very nice, no dents. in the body. small clean up. floors fine. over all good car.

·
Registered
8,192 Posts
No particular buying interest.. but I love the color combo if it is more olive than beige..maybe the photography washes out the green to the eye? Any comments from the four eyes that saw it? Seems like a car that easily deserves the teens, especially if the buyer is left coast without transportaion costs. I would have gone there had I not secured mine two years ago.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
Rick,

The color is indeed as much pale olive as beige. The color's pretty accurate in this shot:

110129_012 sml.jpg

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ended at $12,000 - With the highest bidder bidding only once - Knowing what I know, if the buyer comes through, this car might be able to find a new home? Maybe I should call and offer $12,005?

The color combo is still to die for!

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
I got a feeling that the reserve is a lot more than 12k.....

·
Registered
581 Posts
i was thinking about getting rid of one of my alfas for one of these... perhaps the gtv, and this one looks pretty nice!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts