Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
I hope he gets it, don't think he will but sure hope he does.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Yep, my thoughts exactly. It may take a number of years to get the money he's asking.I feel the market for Alfa's is in the GTV's, and Super/TI's currently here in the states. My 84 with 76K was only $3750 last July.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
It may very well have to do with the left coast. The gold one above is from L.A. or O.C. Mine is from San Diego. The seller got zero bids at a $4500 reserve then it was relisted at $3500 with no reserve which I bid. It then got a bid at $4500. The winning bidder had zero feedback and never came through. Gee, what were the odds there! I was contacted and was told the car was mine for $4000. I said hey, if this "other" bidder was a flake or phoney I should have won it at $3500. I knew he wanted $4500 so we decided to meet and since it did have a crunchy # two gear I told him I'd give him $3750 to be fair. There you have it. I just did the tranny and replaced the dual disc clutch with a Milano unit and all is good. I do have right around $5300 into it now so I'm right in line with the one Randy got for GiuliaBianco (gold one).

I'm thinking of taking it to the Palm Springs Concourse and parking it in the corral with a FS sign to see if some of these buyers from the east or midwest may want a rust free GTV6 (mine was tuff coated the second day the original owner had it) Of course it will be at a little bit of profit :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.