Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
This time of year, with it not being particularly attractive to drive a new acquisition cross country, this car will probably not have as many bidders as it would attract in warmer weather. However, if the pics are a true reflection of it's condition, then it's correctly priced at the BIN figure. Note as well the original mats and genuine Carello fog lights factory option.

Best regards,

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
$14,500 is an awefully strong number. One thing he does not show is a photo of the dash. From the photos available, it looks like he has a dash cover on it.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
I hope he gets it, don't think he will but sure hope he does.

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
That car is gorgeous. I would suspect the dash is in excellent shape, considering the level of the rest of the car.

·
Registered
`61 Giulietta Spider, `65 Giulia Ti 1750, `69 GT junior 1600, `73 Spider 2000, `74 GTV 2000, `98 156
1,943 Posts
Tidy original cars, (especially 22 yr old, which makes it one of the younger GTV6`s) are near impossible to get, and no matter how good a restoration they will never be the same as an unmolested car-that in itself must be worth a good premium. The car is also lowish in the miles, and I believe these 116`s are all under valued and must by nature of their pedigree, their interesting mechanical specs & layout, their competition history and the fact they drive nice must go up in value. I`m old enough to remember when any old car no matter what make was worth nothing, then I saw Bertone coupes rise, now it must be 116`s surely, especially if they have that glorious V6.
I reckon that will be cheap in 5 yrs time and as said above it`s reasonably unique-roughys can`t be compared.- My 2c worth.

Richard J

`65 Giulia Ti, `69 Gt Junior, `74 GTV 2000, `76 Alfetta GTV, `77 Alfetta GTV, `84 GTV6

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Just think about this one, listed for sale here on the BB a couple months ago....

'86
59k mi.
$5300

Attachments

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Yep, my thoughts exactly. It may take a number of years to get the money he's asking.I feel the market for Alfa's is in the GTV's, and Super/TI's currently here in the states. My 84 with 76K was only $3750 last July.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Markets are by no means perfect, but both the gold and AlfaTango's GTV6 were bargains. We have seen several mint cars sell in the $10,000 in the recent past, and this red car on Ebay seems close in condition to those but with higher mileage.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
AlfaTango, dang, what is the story on your buying that red car? Wow, what a beauty!

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
also depends on what coast your on...2-3 years ago my friend couldnt give away the milano platinum or the gtv6.....thats why i ended up with them

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
It may very well have to do with the left coast. The gold one above is from L.A. or O.C. Mine is from San Diego. The seller got zero bids at a $4500 reserve then it was relisted at $3500 with no reserve which I bid. It then got a bid at $4500. The winning bidder had zero feedback and never came through. Gee, what were the odds there! I was contacted and was told the car was mine for $4000. I said hey, if this "other" bidder was a flake or phoney I should have won it at $3500. I knew he wanted $4500 so we decided to meet and since it did have a crunchy # two gear I told him I'd give him $3750 to be fair. There you have it. I just did the tranny and replaced the dual disc clutch with a Milano unit and all is good. I do have right around $5300 into it now so I'm right in line with the one Randy got for GiuliaBianco (gold one).

I'm thinking of taking it to the Palm Springs Concourse and parking it in the corral with a FS sign to see if some of these buyers from the east or midwest may want a rust free GTV6 (mine was tuff coated the second day the original owner had it) Of course it will be at a little bit of profit :)

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It may very well have to do with the left coast. The gold one above is from L.A. or O.C. Mine is from San Diego. The seller got zero bids at a $4500 reserve then it was relisted at $3500 with no reserve which I bid. It then got a bid at $4500. The winning bidder had zero feedback and never came through. Gee, what were the odds there! I was contacted and was told the car was mine for $4000. I said hey, if this "other" bidder was a flake or phoney I should have won it at $3500. I knew he wanted $4500 so we decided to meet and since it did have a crunchy # two gear I told him I'd give him $3750 to be fair. There you have it. I just did the tranny and replaced the dual disc clutch with a Milano unit and all is good. I do have right around $5300 into it now so I'm right in line with the one Randy got for GiuliaBianco (gold one).

I'm thinking of taking it to the Palm Springs Concourse and parking it in the corral with a FS sign to see if some of these buyers from the east or midwest may want a rust free GTV6 (mine was tuff coated the second day the original owner had it) Of course it will be at a little bit of profit :)

Nice story. I will agree that GTV6 prices vary based on where you are located. Rust free cars even with high mileage are relatively easy to find in California. However, when new these were typically daily drivers and after a few snow seasons they will die of terminal rust. I remember looking at a red 86 that was very similar to the ebay car in terms of mileage, exterior and interior condition, but it had rust holes in the engine compartment big enough to put your arm through and touch the tires. :( Rust free GTV6's in the Midwest are about as rare as hen's teeth.

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
Sold for $10,800? Not bad if the deal goes through...

·
Registered
`61 Giulietta Spider, `65 Giulia Ti 1750, `69 GT junior 1600, `73 Spider 2000, `74 GTV 2000, `98 156
1,943 Posts
There we are you see there is a premium on a nice original car and good ones are going up-like a ratchet - exactly like I`ve seen Bertones go. There are heaps of people out there who are either too busy,or not practical, or who don`t have the facilities to do any work whatsoever and who like the car enough to pay for a nice original car that they can just drive in their leisure time. They are after all reasonably rare ( "only" around 16000 built)a pedigree marque with an exotic sounding name, look good , sound awesome, and for an oldie- go and stop particularly well . Pity in some ways it didn`t sell for more.

Richard J

`65 Giulia Ti, `69 GT Junior, `74 GTV 2000, `76 Alfetta GTV, `77 Alfetta GTV, `84 GTV6

1 - 15 of 15 Posts