Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If it wasn't so foggy you would be looking at the pacific ocean in this shot. If you have driven Decker Canyon you will know this as the final hair pin turn before you reach PCH.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
Last pic:

Let me correct you, 2nd to last hairpin, there's two in a row. ;)

What a scary road, decker is.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Is that the famous road near PCH at around Malibu??

Sniady said:
Last pic:

Let me correct you, 2nd to last hairpin, there's two in a row. ;)

What a scary road, decker is.

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
It's such a nice road, but oh so scary.

I think the road comes in from thousand oaks, and down to PCH.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You are correct sir, exit 101 at Westlake Blvd. go south about 15 miles of pure twist to the beach. We pulled up right after a motorcycle went over the edge. the asked us to call police when we got out of the canyon because cells didnt work. It was pretty crazy. Check this pic

Attachments

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
I've ridden that road on my bike, from PCH to Thousand Oaks. Those turns are crazy, hairpin after hairpin. I only did the uphill as it's too scary to go down hill towards the PCH. That road is really narrow too.

I have to get some better seat before I go there with my GTV, the 73 seat i have no lateral support at all. My body was sliding around when I am conrnering. :(

·
Registered
880 Posts
I gotta check that road out next time, but for now i am stuck with Angeles forest highway (well because it's the closest):)

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Angeles Crest is my fav. Take my bike there all the time :D

Weekdays and midnight only though. Too many cars and bikes during weekend.

We got walkie talkie to communicate up the mountains, cell phone simply doesn't work. :(

Azzurri GTV said:
I gotta check that road out next time, but for now i am stuck with Angeles forest highway (well because it's the closest):)

·
Registered
880 Posts
I like to go on Sunday mornings. It's pretty cool because they are always sport bikes out that day ie Ducati, Aprilia, Honda, Harley and they look at this car taking the turns at a pretty good speed and before they pass they see the big Alfa Romeo blocks above the rear license plate and they gave me the thumbs up. That makes me feel real good.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts