Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
It's not a Milano, it's a 33. Although the ad doesn't say that.. seems to me that the most basic thing to list when you're selling a car is the make and model.. :rolleyes:

S

·
0 Posts
Awful is overstatement. That being said, he IS evidently selling an "Alfe". Weak.
I guess feedback ratings are subjective, but 7 negatives in 166 transactions is "awful" in my book. I use the 98% rule - except in unusual cases - whereby I won't buy from anyone with a rating under 98%. I have not been burned since using that rule.

Yes, it's a 33, not a Milano, sorry.

Thanks.

D

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Funny, just an hour ago mI was discussing this very car w/Dean @ Trail Auto. It is NOT mentioned as to the engine size-could be one of several variants. Here in Michigan, one could get plates for the street without any problems. If one wanted to get rid of the boxer engine (for what reason I know not); that would be next to an impossible undertaking considering that as a Type 33; is 'demensionally different than a 'Milano' (as the seller seems to think that his car is that model]...AND...try getting ANY parts for it (if/when required)! Maybe in Europe[as far as I am aware] and consider your checkbook at that time.That being said;it MAY be an interesting project for someone. I 'actually' considered bidding on it (for about 15 seconds)............Ed K.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The cage is a little suspect as well. I do not believe that would be legal in SCCA, NASA or MC. I guess it is for show?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts