Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,847 Posts
I would agree about the price being inflated. The seller definitely benefited by the desire of two bidders to not back down.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm not able to have a huge stable of cars, we have room/budget for two toys and two daily drivers. I like to buy a car, hang on to it for a while then change it up - not that I don't like driving the car, I just get bored. Usually I end up losing a little money or breaking even..

Thank you Sgrinavi. for your comment to cda 951.....I enjoy driving my Alfa at money loss and then move to another Alfa project. No reason to use offensive tones for nothing.

·
Registered
190 Posts
These cars are becoming rare as every day passes....I am not surprised by the selling price. Values on these Alfas will continue to increase.....

·
Registered
872 Posts
The funny thing is that this GTV6 in similar condition sold last year on BAT for a little more than $10,000. Timing is everything.

1986 Alfa Romeo GTV6
Also.. isn't that the BaT buyer who has a habit of "bidding a premium" ... of overpaying? Of course, it takes two to have a bidding war.. imho BaT is a special kind of place where a buyer/bidder can have their egos stroked... a form of bragging rights.. ?
- Art

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Also.. isn't that the BaT buyer who has a habit of "bidding a premium" ... of overpaying? Of course, it takes two to have a bidding war.. imho BaT is a special kind of place where a buyer/bidder can have their egos stroked... a form of bragging rights.. ?
- Art
I watch it daily, you see many auctions not hitting their reserve and many selling right at market. Most people are pretty savvy these days when it comes to buying specialty vehicles. I think in this case the two buyers have more money than they know what to do with and the $10k they paid over (what I) expected is fun money.

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Thank you Sgrinavi. for your comment to cda 951.....I enjoy driving my Alfa at money loss and then move to another Alfa project. No reason to use offensive tones for nothing.
Sorry, I did not mean to be offensive. I guess I am hypersensitive when the conversation turns to how much cars are worth----I work on Porsches for a living and it is quite annoying how so much of that world has become about money and how much a car is worth, and owners making decisions more about what some phantom future buyer might prefer rather than what they want. I them saw some of the same things happening in the BMW 02 world as well.

But, my few years of experience in the Alfa world has been great. Sure, there are some fancy valuable Alfas, but the AROC club seems to be full of down to earth people who enjoy their cars.

The GTV6 is a great car, and a bump in value would be nice because it would justify saving more of them from the scrapper and spurring parts suppliers to tool up and offer more parts.

·
Registered
456 Posts
@racingswim2006 is the rust you see in the floor pan and sill on the drivers side, pic 188-189? Sharp eye, I only looked on my phone and real inspection requires blowing up pics on a large monitor. Granted the floor pan is easy to repair...sills hard to tell without taking off the trim. Probably just a little clean up.

·
Registered
456 Posts
@cda951 yeah I agree, glad I have mine already. I have spent a lot of checkbook mechanic money with professionals well beyond the value of these cars. Lots of people have spent equivalent time and/or money. Good that if we have the need or desire to sell that a somewhat fairer price level is coming along. We’ll see what folks are willing to pay but the memory of cheap GTVs, Supers and Berlin’s suggests that good drivers will do fine and really exceptional cars can command larger value. There not a lot of these but on the AlfaBB and beyond the are some really great drivers and show queens. In Europe these have had higher value for quite a while. Whatever somebody is willing to pay, that’s the market. Lucky I don’t want or need to sell yet 🍀

·
Registered
16 Posts
It’s nice, but i’m surprised it went for 36k.I’m currently putting an’84 back together that’s on par.A quick skim of the pics reveals missing parts.I would expect a concours car at that price.

·
Registered
456 Posts
The nice ones are out there, owners holding tight to their precious babies.

• I saw a 20k mile original excellent silver ‘82 last year that was had not run in ages with a bad bearing (private sale around $12k)
  • I have an original excellent charcoal ‘82 paint, perfect interior nearly done with mech overhaul.
  • A guy was recently selling his perfect low miles here on the BB, canadien-euro-spec (check james2000 posts). Some folks were saying it was worth 18k.
  • Just saw today a picture of a BB member’s red ‘86 that looks fantastic.
  • The black one on BaT sold for 20, nice car, not perfect, I am upping the insurance on my black ‘86.
$36 might be the premium, or yours might be worth more. The best ones don’t get traded often. A lot less than a GTV, barely more than a Super. I’d feel safe saying that really great ones are now $30. Great drivers at $20.

·
Premium Member
1986 Alfa Romeo GTV6
379 Posts
It's worth whatever the buyr pays. mostly. lol
I do expect they will go up. A concours GTV6 will be shy of 50k very soon.
Thats what i believe.
Comparing, that you really can't but you can't buy a mint e30 M3 for less than 50 k.
Look at this, it's crazy

·
Registered
456 Posts
LOL yup, worth whatever the buyer pays. That is the market at that point for that person, for sure. So $36 for a really nice GTV6 🍀🙂

I know of another one that was sold and all in with some maintenance updates post sale,mid 30’s.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts