Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well that was unexpected

On bring a trailer . com

·
Registered
121 Posts
It looks to be a top-shape example, but that’s still a lot of $$$. Goes to show that a great Alfa, in great shape, gets great money.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Definitely a high water mark for sales. That was an exceptional example though, low miles and near perfect orginial condition. Very few around like that. Two bidders drove the price up 14K in the last minutes - a perfect outcome for the seller.

·
Registered
29 Posts
There was a $25,000 delta between these two cars, and the $10,250 car came with leather seat covers.
That 10K one really did slip under the radar and was a steal for whoever got it. With more detailing it may have done better (and maybe without the 17" wheels). The two buyers on the one yesterday appear to be fairly wealthy collectors from the looks of their BAT history - people able to spend big on original unmolested cars. Takes the right buyer at the right time - and preferably two buyers willing to fight it out. In any event, a good sign for other GTV6 owners like usand it makes me less guilty for sinking more money into mine.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I personally think that the GTV 6 are still underrated price wise...we are witnessing the beginning of new trend in price increase for these Giugiaro beauties

·
Registered
1984 GTV6
82 Posts
I believe Mario Andretti’s factory gift 1981 GTV6 is for sale thru RM Sotheby’s for $38,500. That’s the car to have.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I own a gtv 6 with 45 k original miles,and i just repainted in the original nero ...it looks stunning 83'. I am also considering selling if these are the new prices

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
I own a gtv 6 with 45 k original miles,and i just repainted in the original nero ...it looks stunning 83'. I am also considering selling if these are the new prices
I guess I just don't understand this attitude. If you love the car so much, why don't you keep it (unless of course financial pressures are the issue)? I also highly doubt that these are the "new prices" given the current economic situation.

I own cars that I want to drive and enjoy, and their value does not enter my mind. The GTV6 is a wonderful car, and I agree that they are undervalued, but I also appreciate their under-the-radar status, which allows true enthusiasts who don't mind getting their hands dirty an opportunity to own a great car for a reasonable amount of money.

Perhaps it is lame to quote yourself, but because I don't want type all of this crap over again, see a previous rant here:

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I guess I just don't understand this attitude. If you love the car so much, why don't you keep it (unless of course financial pressures are the issue)? I also highly doubt that these are the "new prices" given the current economic situation.

I own cars that I want to drive and enjoy, and their value does not enter my mind. The GTV6 is a wonderful car, and I agree that they are undervalued, but I also appreciate their under-the-radar status, which allows true enthusiasts who don't mind getting their hands dirty an opportunity to own a great car for a reasonable amount of money.

Perhaps it is lame to quote yourself, but because I don't want type all of this crap over again, see a previous rant here:

I'm not able to have a huge stable of cars, we have room/budget for two toys and two daily drivers. I like to buy a car, hang on to it for a while then change it up - not that I don't like driving the car, I just get bored. Usually I end up losing a little money or breaking even.. (sometimes losing a lot of money) If I could actually make a few bucks on a car and could move up without hitting the bank account that would be amazing.

·
Registered
4,357 Posts
And that $36k car has rust. Nobody commented on it. That car was very well sold, in my opinion.

Don't expect to see any more selling near that price anytime soon. I think that car was a mid 20's sale with 2 very excited bidders.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
And that $36k car has rust. Nobody commented on it. That car was very well sold, in my opinion.

Don't expect to see any more selling near that price anytime soon. I think that car was a mid 20's sale with 2 very excited bidders.
It was also the first nice GTV6 on BAT for a while, so there might have been pent up demand.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts