Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that my resurfaced flywheel and new clutch assembly is installed it time to address the steering. I have a rebuilt rack to put in but before I do so I will flush out the old fluid. While I was in there I was going to replace the power steering hose but can't seem to find them ,anyone have a source for the hoses
As alway thanks

·
Premium Member
16,166 Posts
The low pressure line is usually ok, but you could have a new high pressure line made by a shop which specializes in making high quality hydraulic hose assemblies, etc. Aeroquip is a very good brand.

·
Premium Member
9,812 Posts
Now that my resurfaced flywheel and new clutch assembly is installed it time to address the steering. I have a rebuilt rack to put in but before I do so I will flush out the old fluid. While I was in there I was going to replace the power steering hose but can't seem to find them ,anyone have a source for the hoses
As alway thanks
Just curious you Have you seen all the replies to your posts I have made?

Why don't you e-mail or call me? Your asking for a source? cough...cough!!! Hello!!!:D

I have those hoses laying around if you need one. Or as john Says you can have them made at any speciality hose shop.

Good luck with the rebuild.

Jason

·
Premium Member
27,325 Posts
As alway thanks
Time to pick on you, why didn't you do rack WHEN YOU HAD TRANNY OUT AND ROOM TO WORK?

·
Premium Member
2,816 Posts
Sears sells a 4" 11/16 open end/box end that will work on the mounting nuts.
It is short enough to move around in the tight spaces.

Take your pressure hoses to a a shop that works on construction equipment. They should be able to make new ones.

·
Premium Member
27,325 Posts
What is the saying, sometimes people miss what is in front of them.
Speaking of in front of them are you in front of hotel in Detroit this week yet?

Say HI to the gang for me, please.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Ahh good queastion Steve , I did take the bolts on the trany side while it was out. I didn't realize that you had to have the car running to bleed the rack fluid in the system. Its hard to run the car with out a flywheel LOL

Jason I did buy a clutch kit and coolant bottle , I did no realize you carried the odd ball stuff. Now that I know I will BUG YOU !!! lol

·
Registered
4,054 Posts
Jason is the go-to-guy for the "odd ball stuff." :D
Charles​

1 - 11 of 11 Posts