Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 191 Posts

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somebunny downunda is getting this beauty next week! :)

3.2 24 v... :D

Attachments

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
What kind of dollar figure for such a device, or is it a case of "If you have to ask....."?

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Interesting throttle setup. So, the 6 ITBs will sit like this on the final application? How about the trumpets? The lucky new owner plans to run it like this? I suppose it will be running TPS - despite the ITBs being separate from the heads there is still no provision for vacuum ports for MAP sensor.
Jes

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, because of the epic battles here over "commercial interest" I try to keep pricing out of this as far as is possible. Feel free to contact me off-forum however and we can talk - [email protected] - or buzz me at 425.941.4747.

Jes - yes - the 6 ITB throttles are now moved higher up - it will be run exactly like this (maybe some filtration over the trumpets), but yes - basically just as you see it here - nice long runners after the throttles should produce really good torque!

Everything from the throttles on down is technically a "plenum" - there's vacuum there - so you can plumb to it to pull vacuum for a brake-booster, to pull vacuum to the MAP sensor inside of the GoTech ECU or to pull vacuum to drive an adjustable fuel pressure regulator...

·
Registered
487 Posts
Does that come with fries???

:p This is what I call BIGGIE sized! :eek: Nice work JJ.

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks.

Well, nice work to Dawie at Glenwood Motors actually!

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
so why did the ITBs move? is this now the way to do it or is this a special?
are the ITB mounted on the head jaming with temp?

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
As far as I know the torque curve is based on length and size. It is a tune thing like a trombone longer gives a lower tone aka moving the torque curve down. shorter higher tone moves it up.

Having the TB close, as far as I know gives better response as the plenum is filled and there is not that gap of time to fill it.

now the small amount of air in the runner I do not know how much it will affect moving it around.
but as a rule they seem to try to get as close to the vave as one can. but it might not matter.

I do know the spaning more the 2 holes the buterflys can jam due the thermal expansion
unless the shaft is split up with somthing. so I thought it might be to keep them cool?

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Dawie does some masterful work. Somehow I don't see how any TPS (TPSdot) driven fuel management could be tractable for street use in North America. ...Maybe in San Diego (BTW - hope all that live down there are well - with all the fires-n-all). You just don't have any input for engine load, simple as that. Hey JJ, you don't really expect us to believe you can pull vacuum out of the azz-end of a single trumpet do ya? All you're gonna get out of that piss ant is pulses my friend. Be that as it may, I'm still glad you posted the pic. I can see why they went with the ITB's where they are - very clever indeed.

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
..."us"...? Where's the posse...? Ricer-boy is clueless again as usual. Tell me what you see here:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Well, like I said - very clever indeed. Question: Can you produce enough vacuum with a single pair, or are they all run in series?

1 - 20 of 191 Posts