Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
I was in Guanajuato, Mex. a couple of years ago and saw a 147 cruising around. I went through the same thought process. I'm pretty sure that most Fiat built cars are DOT compliant as far as safety goes. I met a guy in Nashville who had a Super Brava who got it from Canada. He didn't have many issues registering it here. Who knows?

Paul

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
I don't want to see the aftermath of one of these trucks t-boning car at an intersection.
I think about that every time I see one of those idiots. It's the same for big trucks like the cement mixers that have a bumper that lines up with the windshield of any passenger car.
There was a fella I know/knew that was t-boned in an '06 Volvo S 60. The bumper entered the car behind the "a" pillar and pretty much smooshed his head. Not a pretty way to go. I think that we should not be so worried about tail pipe emmissions as safety. Here in Louisville we used to have safety inspections. They got rid of these and changed to a tail pipe test. They have since gotten rid of the tail pipe thing because most of the cars tested passed on the first test. Only a few didn't.
If cars had good tires, suspensions, and brakes there would (IMHO) be fewer accidents. I see way too many cars every day that have bad ball joints or bald tires and all they want to do is fix the air conditioner:eek:.

It really pisses me off some times that there is a good chance that the idiot behind me most likely has bad/cheap brakes and bald tires and will slam into one of my cars if I stop too fast:mad:

Sorry...a rant..

Paul

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.