Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Newcomer

3K views 46 replies 13 participants last post by  Hanx 
Putting fuel on a '74 GTV is tricky.
Anyone else experience this?
The nozzle from the pump - it has a rubber base. In order for the fuel to be released, it must depressed by gas tank opening but it doesn't seem to do this when I try putting fuel in.

I need to depressed myself by doing an English "F*** you"" underneath and pulling it back.

What's funnier it won't let pump more than 3 gallons.

Open to hear explanations gentlemen.
Yup! In California I assume? I have to bend down (because my car is so low) and hold the rubber part while filling, but hold the trigger half way so it goes slowly. I end up spilling half of it all over the car too, very frustrating!

From what I'm seeing, looks like we have several after market companies.

• Alfaholics _ Performance
• Centerline _ Quality general Parr to make her look new again
• Alfa Classics _ The Sizzler of Alfa part - good but not great.

Is the the general consensus?
Not exactly.

ClassicAlfa - Has pretty much EVERYTHING you need, at excellent prices and shipping is quick and affordable. I get 90% of what I need from them, they are fantastic!

Alfaholics - generally has the same stuff as ClassicAlfa (there arent very many different suppliers for regular parts, like rubber seals, mechanical parts etc). HOWEVER if you want well engineered go-fast and exotic race bits, Alfaholics is top-notch!

Centerline Alfa - They are pretty much the only "local" supplier, less selection than the other two, prices tend to be higher then the UK suppliers, but then again, they ARE here in the US and if you need something quick then they have your back! They also have a few of their own performance parts that cannot be found anywhere else

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.