Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All! My name is Bruce - (thus, Brufisti...) and I sold my 1971 Mercedes Sedan about 6 months ago in search of something a little more adventurous. I had imagined (being of British heritage) that a TR6 or TR4 would be the car I was looking for, but have found (to my surprise) that these are not (in spite of their looks) to my taste. Too rough, too noisy, too... er - tractor-like. I want something a little more refined. It has been suggested to me that an Alfa is the perfect car for me then...

I have found a nice little 1974 Spider in Toronto (Vaughn, actually) - it needs some work (paint is a little rough, clutch is rubbish) and I am wondering if there is a Toronto (Woodbridge????) Member who might - for a case of beer or their favourite wine, take a look at this and give me some advice.

1974 Alfa Romeo Spider convertable For Sale | Vaughan ON

On the surface, it looks decent, but it does need work...

If not this - there is a duetto on ebay which I am watching

Alfa Romeo : Spider Spider | eBay

and another spider in markham (pics are rubbish)

1976 Alfa Romeo spider | classic cars | Markham / York Region | Kijiji

and another one in London (again - rubbish pics)

1981 Alfa Romeo Spider | classic cars | London | Kijiji

Any advice would be much appreciated. I am looking for a car that - in the end - will cost me about $17,000 Cdn. I recognize that ANY Duetto may be a pipe dream, then... :) ...and I do know that, by year, the 1974 may be the preference... I'd love to hear what the rest of you have to say???

Thanks so much for your help! Cheers - Bruce

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
Hello Bruce,

I am sure someone will be able to help.

Didnt you buy a 1987 just a week or so ago?

Vin

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Vintre... Thanks for the reply - but no - you must have me mistaken for someone else. Curiously I was looking at a 1986 in Ancaster last weekend, but have decided that I would like something of an older vintage...

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
Yup, I'm confused again!

I know that place in Ancaster well. Its only about 15 mins from my home and I inspected a car for anothe member a few years back. He bought the car too!

Good luck,

Vin

1 - 4 of 4 Posts