Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I just purchased my first Alfa. Its a 1981 Spider Veloce. In my search for info I found this BB and look forward to learning as much as possible from the members here about my car. I am a mechanic and am excited about pampering this car for years to come.
Steve

Attachments

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
Welcome! Nice looking car. Alfa spiders are fantastic fun and you can build some great memories with one.

I'm relatively new here myself (5 years?) but I can tell you that you have found the right place! We like pictures so keep them coming!

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Exterior Appearance Upgrades

My first Alfa was a Series 2 (1978)....My car was Black with the dark red (burgundy) interior....The black exterior camouflaged the Federally mandated big black bumpers better than most colors....Like you I also had the black Baby Tornado mirrors...From a cosmetic standpoint, many consider this version to be the aesthetic high point for the Spider (many prefer the Kamm-Tail), however, the bumpers killed the later Series 2 looks....If you can find the chrome / stainless bumpers / grill combo of the early Series 2 cars and throw some round chrome vintage exterior side mirrors on your car, you will have a real stunner there....Don't bet me wrong, she's a beauty, I'm talking about turning her into a beauty queen.....D

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Upcoming Convention

Also Steve....where are you in Ontario (Leafs fan? Sorry if you are !! Let's Go Rangers !!)? Are you aware that the upcoming National Alfa Romeo Owners Club Convention will be in Warwick, Rhode Island from June 24th - 28th? Depending upon where you are in Ontario, may not be too far..... We always get a strong Canadian turn out when the convention is that close !!

The web site for registration and information is Alfamiglia Nordest 2015

D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts