Alfa Romeo Forums banner

261 - 264 of 264 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #261
Aloha and Good Morning, Gang...

So, the family is now gone (wwhheeww!!). Time to get back to this project. Gonna take some things apart to get to the injectors and address the leak issue. I think it's the rubber washer/grommets between the injector "bolt plates" and the head. My friend sent me an "injector repair kit" from Centerline .... hoses, metal cups, clamps and fuel filter, but no rubber grommets so I'll check out my local Napa and go from there. I'll pull up the rear carpet to check out the relay issue as well.

Camshaft thoughts .... We all know the cams need replacing. My friend has a line on a set but wants to know if they are the right ones....

"Found a set of nice camshafts on eBay but the guy doesn’t know what year Alfa they're from but he has given me the stamped #Numbers. Only cams from 1985 to 1994 will work (something about the VVT of those years).
Vick’s Alfa and centerline don’t have any guide.
Reference to help. New ones don’t work with that VVT.
Would you ask the Alfa blog geniuses if they can date them

#11658 03 200 02

Thanks"

Back at you all later. Mahalo and Aloha,
Jeff

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
that 11658 serial will be the inlet (with VVT)
the exhaust should be 10520.03200.00 (maybe it is?... have him check it)
diagram:
cam timing.jpg

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #263
Fuel pressure Gauge doesn't register without the engine running (or cranking long enough).

Drive relay (fuel) as in under the rear parcel shelf.
Near the injection ecu there are 2 relays, the main and the drive, and a 8A fuse for the fuel relay.

Usually the drive/fuel relay is the larger, originally a Bosch # 028230001 but as they are dear (centerline actually illustrates the correct Bosch,but that is not what gets sent to you!)
people replace with KAE # 3.304.500 (Kaehler)
or Beck-Arnley # 203-0100 or 2030100

the replacement relays "can" keep the pumps running, not always, but can do
you obviously have one that does...let us know what the relay make/number is after your family time!

View attachment 1604592
Aloha and Good Morning, Sensei ...
I didn't do any wrenching yesterday, ordered a set of injector 0-rings so will wait their arrival.
The relay is a Bosch 0 280 230 001. Testing procedures?

Jeff

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Hi Jeff. Regarding camshafts, I would not replace the original cams with another set of used, 10520... Alfa cams unless there is some extenuating circumstance. If rock bottom cost is the only concern, then "Ok". Otherwise, contact Richard Jemison (alfar7) and seek his advice. At the very least, one of Richard's lobe designs on a VVT core paired with an exhaust cam from an S4 Spider should provide a noticeable improvement in performance. Again, ask Richard. I have a set of Richard's cams in my '88 along with Motronic pistons and the change really woke the engine up.

261 - 264 of 264 Posts