Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just acquired this car recently and had a valve job, hose replacements, alternator, spark plugs, etc. replaced. It runs great except it's a bit hard to start on a cold engine. I was told the "cold start valve" is spraying fuel correctly, but also told it was spraying too much and may flood the engine initially! Starts great after the engine is warmed up. Does this sound right? I'm not a mechanic, so I can use all the help I can get. I live in So California so it's not cold weather here. Any suggestions? I also did not get a manual, so can someone tell me where the fuse box is located; I want to make sure all fuses are working.
I truly appreciate any help you experts can offer!
Thanks,
Jeff

·
Registered
73 Posts
Fuse box is near the hood release latch inside cabin. It's better to crawl under there than to remove it. Pain in the *** to put it back in if you do.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Just acquired this car recently and had a valve job, hose replacements, alternator, spark plugs, etc. replaced. It runs great except it's a bit hard to start on a cold engine. I was told the "cold start valve" is spraying fuel correctly, but also told it was spraying too much and may flood the engine initially! Starts great after the engine is warmed up. Does this sound right? I'm not a mechanic, so I can use all the help I can get. I live in So California so it's not cold weather here. Any suggestions? I also did not get a manual, so can someone tell me where the fuse box is located; I want to make sure all fuses are working.
I truly appreciate any help you experts can offer!
Thanks,
Jeff
I have the owners and shop manual digital, give me a private msg, and I will try to get them out to you if u want them. James

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ocalfa,
Did you get my PM?
I've done private messages to a number of people, yet it does show in my stats and I haven't had any responses from the administrators from this forum!
I can see the PM's I've received, but not sent.
Just wondering.
Regards,
Jeff

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have the owners and shop manual digital, give me a private msg, and I will try to get them out to you if u want them. James
Hi James,

Any chance you can send me one too? I'm new to this and live in S. Cali also
Where are you located?

Thx!

BTW, mine is a 1988 Spider!

·
Registered
73 Posts
ocalfa,
Did you get my PM?
I've done private messages to a number of people, yet it does show in my stats and I haven't had any responses from the administrators from this forum!
I can see the PM's I've received, but not sent.
Just wondering.
Regards,
Jeff
Hey Jeff,
Didn't get a pm. I'm having the same problem. Not able to send msgs thru PM.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts