Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new loom arrived from Auto Sparks a couple of weeks ago. I am now wondering what I have taken on!
At first inspection it looks well made and the connectors look correct, but won't know until I try and fit, which is not likely to be for two to three months. I will post how well it goes (or not):unsure:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the words of encouragement and advice, kind of looking forward to it and yet I'm not

·
Registered
171 Posts
Geoff - Good luck with the install! I'll - in conjunction with a mechanic friend who has infinitely more patience than yours truly - be doing the same thing later this year. My oem harness is a mess after years of previous owners splicing in, cutting out and basically bodging up the works. Seems easier to start afresh.

What were your choices besides Auto Sparks? I seem to recall another company in the UK (or perhaps Germany?) that sells Montreal harnesses, only they further distinguish for cars that came with factory a/c and those that didn't. My Montreal appears to have had factory a/c that previous mechanics/owners messed up over the years with the wrong condenser etc etc grafted into the system. At some point, I'd like to bring it back to how it left the factory, which is why I'm asking about the harness. Thanks!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Malex
I seem to remember seeing harnesses from one of the German supplier's but I can't remember which one.
I went to Auto Sparks because they are not far from me, but also Rob Thompson who is well known for rebuilding Montreal's and he uses them.
I don't have air conditioning and to be honest didn't cross my mind if the wires for it were included in the harness.
I suggest you take a look at there website www.autosparks.co.uk and maybe give them a call.
Regards Geoff

1 - 6 of 6 Posts