Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted on CL that I was looking for a new windshield for my 164Q. A guy contacted me and has a new aftermarket one.

It's not heated though.

My thinking is that it will be tough to find a replacement that is heated. Heck - I don't know for sure even that the window was heated but that's what I heard.

This guy is offering the windshield to me for about $200 (seems insanely low).

Anyone want to comment on this?

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
do a search on this forum for Richard tankel.

Your biggest issue is going to be finding a set of the stainless trim to go around the windshield. I had an aftermarket on my old auto car and it was fine.

·
Registered
8,782 Posts
I also have a $275 Chinese non heated one sitting in the shop. It'll be going in the black car. If the installer is very, very careful he many be able to save the chrome trim. The last one I had installed used the saved trim.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
What's the replacement for that trim if it's destroyed, if you can't get your hands on used stock? I think I recently read about generic trim.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I put the Chinese. Called BENSON. It's been 7 months ago, normal flight. Clear glass is good. But if you stand next to the car and look through the glass door on him, the visible distortion. Sitting in the car is not visible distortion. Price of glass and set it -$100, in Russia. Moldings could not be saved, put plastic. What can make claims for this money?;) See how it will survive the winter.

http://www.bensonautomobileglass.com/index.html

·
Premium Member
9,800 Posts
I posted on CL that I was looking for a new windshield for my 164Q. A guy contacted me and has a new aftermarket one.

It's not heated though.

My thinking is that it will be tough to find a replacement that is heated. Heck - I don't know for sure even that the window was heated but that's what I heard.

This guy is offering the windshield to me for about $200 (seems insanely low).

Anyone want to comment on this?
I have them….aftermarket are fine, non-heated non-needed!

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys. I have someone willing to sell me the windshield for $180-200, and he's not too far from here (in Wash. state)

·
Registered
8,782 Posts
There a glass warehouse near Boeing in Everett, WA that stock it. I bought mine from Prosource (Richard) and picked it up there.

·
Premium Member
16,010 Posts
You can tell if the damaged windshield was a heated one, as you can just barely see the very fine imbedded wires at the base of the windshield glass if it was. Absolutely, heated versions are not needed in this country, except if you live in Fairbanks, Alaska or International Falls, Minn, lol.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
As Jason says, these screens are not heated units. They do have a tint and deeper tinted band across, in UK spec - not sure about other country specs.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts