Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody change a windshield on a Milano?
I need a new one and they are available on ebay, just not through local glass places. I've done some on my Alfetta and some old Fiats but those had old school rubber seals.
Has anyone installed one themselves? Can I reuse the seal or is it available?

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Just had Safelite replace mine- they were able to source one, and they used a standard rubber trim they carry at their local install centers. Milano windshields are glued in; take it to a center (e.g. don't have them come to your work parking lot) in the likely event there is a bit of corrosion under the old glass as they have the ability to treat that at the service center as well.

·
Premium Member
15,888 Posts
Have you given Prosource Glass a call? They carry many different Alfa windshields.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Del. I know they have them.But it's not finding the glass I'm worried about, it's the instalation.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
I replaced two broken Milano windshields using local window replacement people. I supplied the windshield and they glued it in the car.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Yeah, anyone competent installer should be able to do it. They just might not know where to get the glass. I bought a Spider windshield from Proglass and had an installer in my town do it, no problem.

Kevin

1 - 7 of 7 Posts