Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am considering putting some new wheels on my GTV6 and have been fishing around at what is available, on a budget that is basically limiting me to used wheels.
I am looking at purchasing a set of 5x100mm wheels and wobble bolts from Serpent Auto Sport. To start with has anyone used these bolts, do they have a down side??
I came across a set of wheels from Buddy Club used on craigslist I attached a very very amateur Photoshop mock up of what the wheels will "sorta" look like.
Please let me know what your thoughts on them are, good or bad because I am really standing on the fence here and not sure if I like them or if they look like ****.

Below this photo is a picture of the wheels that I would like to have and honestly are the nicest I have ever seen on a GTV6

Attachments

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
if you re-paint or powder coat them so there not white then yeah they would look good...grays, silvers, black, charcol ...anything that helps them blend in a bit and not stand out so much

·
Registered
750 Posts
Wheels are a pretty personal flavor, most modern wheels I just don't like on the v6 ... and the few I do like I can't afford (about $500 a wheel) :eek:

The white clashes/standsout too much on a red car for my taste ...

Also, I've always held firm to that if you are going to shell out money for new wheels they should put more rubber on the road, not be just a cosmetic.

Here's my quick photoshop of your quick photoshop.

GV

Attachments

G

·
Have you considered the Type 4 wheel from Serpent Auotsport? I have the first set sold, which I do not have full pictures of yet because of my ongoing installation of RSR suspension.

See the Type 4 on Charlie Dimarco's Serpent Autosport website here:

WHEELS

Here is the Type 4 on my GTV-6 - 17 X 7 215/40/17 (I think they are awesome; I will have full photos soon):

Attachments

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I like the white wheels, I think they look great!!

Never been a fan of dark wheels, unless they are on a black car!

·
Registered
594 Posts
Posted it many times.... but I run 5x100s on my car without the washers. Never had a problem as the concentric ring holds them in position. White is ok, but don't paint them black. Worst colour for a wheel!!! I'm thinking of a polished lip for my wheels with slighter darker spokes.

G

·
Wow.

No love for black wheels, huh? Some of the most beautful, stunning wheels I've seen have been black, and they work (aesthetically) with virtually any body color.

For example, only:

Attachments

·
Registered
594 Posts
Its almost impossible to see the spokes or any feature of a black wheel, especially if the car is moving. You may as well run steel wheels. I do like the look of a polished lip and a darker center and am considering it for my car. I think the Fiat in the pics is running chrome maxi-trims. They clip on a steel wheel and rattle like hell. I had them on my first car, a 3l Capri (Euro version not US). But it all comes down to personal preference, doesn't it?

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I would go with a silver colour, they always look great when the car is moving too.
Not a fan of black myself, unless the body colour is black too. OZ wheels on a GTV6 look the best in my opinion.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I personally feel that there are no better looking wheels than the ronal A1 phone dial wheels, which were an original factory option.
They can be found second hand, not so expensive and allow for a wider tire. However they're not very strong and you should avoid potholes. This is fine in europe, but less easy in New York or so.

Not very charming photos but they should show them allright.

Attachments

·
Registered
418 Posts
I really like the white Buddy clubs in your pic, they look great. That's just me though, I like contrasting wheels, my white 75 has black wheels (with polished rim). If it looks right to you, to hell with what we say!

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I personally feel that there are no better looking wheels than the ronal A1 phone dial wheels, which were an original factory option.
They can be found second hand, not so expensive and allow for a wider tire. However they're not very strong and you should avoid potholes. This is fine in europe, but less easy in New York or so.

Not very charming photos but they should show them allright.
Best wheels I've seen on a GTV. Out of your price range I'm afraid. SZ wheels made by Steve someone.

Attachments

·
Registered
141 Posts
Best wheels I've seen on a GTV. Out of your price range I'm afraid. SZ wheels made by Steve someone.
Zender also made these kinds of wheels. They're also very nice.

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
And O.Z. Racing was the original maker (the guy in England is making re-pros) and supplier for the RZ, SZ, 164 Quad, 164 Q4, and Milano Verde version (I've got a 4 lug set for my Alfetta...yet to be mounted):eek:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Oh that's useful to know!
Do you happen to know their type or serial number or name?
I'd be interested in checking their price...

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
O.Z. no longer makes them or supports them, nor do they care to discuss their older model wheels with Alfa owners (Ask me how I know!):mad:

I believe that's why the guy in England starting making the repros for the SZ/RZ cars.

As far as model name - I think they are marked "AR01"
Stock size was 15 x 7", mine are 15 x 8...I believe they were special ordered at the time as they are the only 4 lug I've ever seen in that style.

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
Picture for reference...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Here is a shot of the A-1's. They were originally available on Alfetta's, and are a period correct evolution of the traditional Alfa motorsports wheel.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
salfa, Those wheels will look terrible on a red car!! I bet they are really heavy too.
Saaaay... I have a great idea!! Send them to me and I will send you a nice set of very strong steel wheels for the Alfetta:D:D

****, those are sweet:cool:
Can't wait to see a pic of them on the car.
Paul

If you are ever going to get rid of the five star wheels I'd be interested.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts