Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for a nice set of wheels for my 164S for some time now. I have fallen in love with OZ Superleggera. They are 16X7". Threw a little photocop together... what do you guys think? should i get them?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
If your using, your 164 for track use, get 17's. 16's are to small (don't be cheap now). But if your 164 is a street car and once in a while track car, get 18's. 18's look very very sharp on a 164.
Remember, wheels make the car. Get 18's.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
I like it. With the Superleggra, I would put at least 17, since they're so light compared to other 17 or 18in wheels.

BTW, I think OZ is having a clearance sale on some of their 18 in wheels on their website. It's something like $175 for a 18 inch, but they're all weird size and boit patterns, but they might fit an Alfa, go check it out.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thankx for the feedback i think ill go with 17", i hope there on sale....maybe if im lucky ill find a set cheap on ebay...wish me luck :D

·
Registered
164 Posts
re: I don't like those

Actually, once I did the photo, I did not like them either. I found them on eBay and thought they would be cool only because nobody in the US is likely to have them.

But you are right, they don't look good. Thanks for the other examples, the BBS look the best so far, but I am still not sold.

·
Registered
484 Posts
In addition, as I am actively seeking rims for my car (I bought it with the original L rims and aftermarket 15" OZ), I just saw beautiful Antera's (model 309). They look great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thankx for the suggestions....
ive been looking around latley and ive fallein in love with Borbet Type E wheels. There a pretty reasonable price too...

Attachments

·
Registered
164 Posts
I had a set of the Borbet Type E on my wifes 5 series BMW. Got them from Tire Rack. They were great! Always looked good, much easier to keep clean than the original wheels, and as you say, pretty reasonably priced.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts