Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to my local tire shop and had my new set of wheels installed. I like them a lot although they don’t look light gray, more like Gunmetal gray. They are Sparco Podio 17x7.5 35mm offset with 5x100 bolt pattern wrapped in 215/45R17 Riken Rapter ZR A/S summer tires.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Did you need spacers? Did the tire shop have a warning like they did mine. when I bought new 17” tires.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Hey, you need some new glass.

·
Premium Member
27,529 Posts
So that replacement bumper didn't come with good fog lights?
Also you got lot of air in that fender wheel well opening! How does that 215/45R17 tire outside diameter/circumference compare to 1991 factory spec originalie 195-65-15 tire? I ran 225-50-16's on 7.5 wide 35ET Valbrem 16" wheels on my S with 164 OEM front spacers 3mm spacers on both front and rear wheels. I sat the car on Eibach 30mm lowering springs with Koni yellows.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey, you need some new glass.
I’ve seen your post a few times, I’m going to look into a set soon

·
Premium Member
27,529 Posts
the replacement bumper I bought months ago didn’t come good fog lights. I still have old blank fog light inserts from old bumper.
Install those inserts if they are a good set and call it done.

·
Registered
4,208 Posts
Went to my local tire shop and had my new set of wheels installed. I like them a lot although they don’t look light gray, more like Gunmetal gray. They are Sparco Podio 17x7.5 35mm offset with 5x100 bolt pattern wrapped in 215/45R17 Riken Rapter ZR A/S summer tires.
Those are very nice looking wheels and tires. I like the diverging spoke pattern of the wheels. They appear to match the paint color of the lower cladding very well. How is the ride and handling?

Mark

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They do look very nice and I like that they match the lower half, that’s what I was going for. The ride I haven’t noticed any difference but handling I do notice it wants to stick more to the road going around a corner, so no complaints there. I do want to lower it just a bit so that might be my next purchase, a set of coilovers from Yellow Speed Racing.

·
Premium Member
4,781 Posts
Very nice! Very...

·
Registered
381 Posts
The cladding match is awesome. They look a lot like the Giulia Quadrifogio wheels which I love.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The cladding match is awesome. They look a lot like the Giulia Quadrifogio wheels which I love.
they being a lot like the quad wheels are what drew me to them. I love the look of the quad wheels! They fit the color scheme very well and I like it. Over all I’m pretty happy with them. Again I want to lower it a bit and reduce the gap between the fender and wheel I think it would look very nice!

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So i went out today to do a quick photoshoot and to grab better images on my Alfa with new Wheels and Tires, they should look a lot better now.

·
Premium Member
27,529 Posts
We have a similar dark gray colored 18x8.0 Tech Gray Aluminum wheels on our white 17 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I like the charcoal gray with some parts of wheels also the polished AL.

·
Premium Member
16,564 Posts
I wouldn't mind gray wheels on our all metallic black Chevy SS, as the wheels now are bright chrome. Just way too much bling for me. As for gray on the 164, depends on the color of the body and cladding, IMO. Gray might work with red body, and the dark gray of the cladding. White body works, as seen above. Blue of some shade/hue as well.

Our cars, the 164s anyway, have brushed aluminum wheels (Borbet). Is ok. The Milano has the Verde wheels.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I wouldn't mind gray wheels on our all metallic black Chevy SS, as the wheels now are bright chrome. Just way too much bling for me. As for gray on the 164, depends on the color of the body and cladding, IMO. Gray might work with red body, and the dark gray of the cladding. White body works, as seen above. Blue of some shade/hue as well.

Our cars, the 164s anyway, have brushed aluminum wheels (Borbet). Is ok. The Milano has the Verde wheels.
picking a set of wheels that look good was very difficult, I like the color as they match the lower cladding quite well. I’ve always wanted the Chevy SS, I was actually on Cargurus website searching for them and only came up on the listings.

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
So good to see that 164 with some very nice wheels and tires on it! Miss that car for sure, especially on the mountain road corners! I think you made a good choice in the color and style of those. The 24V calipers on that car was a tight fit with the original wheels, but have plenty of space around them with those.
Charles

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So good to see that 164 with some very nice wheels and tires on it! Miss that car for sure, especially on the mountain road corners! I think you made a good choice in the color and style of those. The 24V calipers on that car was a tight fit with the original wheels, but have plenty of space around them with those.
Charles
I have yet to experience winding roads with it, I can assume it’s a blast! I tried to get close to a gray color as possible but I think I nailed the color scheme dead on, I really like the rim style a lot on the 164. I cherish this car a lot and don’t see myself getting rid of it anytime soon. She’s been good to me these past 3 years.

still keeping up maintenance with it, had a lot planned before COVID hit us, and with work slowing down my plans games to a stop. I’m slowing getting things back on track, new wheels and tires was one of them including a paint job, and seats redone and possibly lowering it a bit. I’m half set for a repaint, my Uncle is currently searching for a garage or barn where we can keep it out of the elements while we start to remove bits from the car. He has his own shop with paint booth. I’ll post updates when we start that process!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts