Alfa Romeo Forums banner

New Water Pump - No Bleeder Valve

796 views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  Gubi 
#1 ·
Last week I noticed I was leaking coolant from the water pump. I ordered a new pump from Classic Alfa and replaced it, but noticed that the new pump has no bleeder valve on the top. So, I assume there is no issue and to just burp the system through the bleeder on the throttle body? Anything I should be worried about?

Thanks a ton for the help!

Ty

#2 ·
If you want you can drill and tap a 6mm hole where the bleed was on the original. Use a SS 6mm bolt (short) and aluminum washer to seal. Works fine.

#10 ·
I have one of those and they are da bomb. I bought it because I have a car that specifically requires it, but it works great on the GTV and 101 Giulia too.

I know a lot of the older water pumps had the bleed screw but I haven't seen it on any of the replacement pumps. I think Alfa decided at some point that it was not really necessary.

#8 ·
I simply fill the radiator leaving the cap off, open the heater valve, fire up the engine and let it run until it reaches full working temperature. I top it up as the air bubbles are burped and then fit the radiator cap.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.