Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Top photo: Incorrectly sent from AFRA in Italia as fuel line grommets to fit under 105/115 cars. Alfa part number appears to be 60548317, if anyone cares to look up the application. The overall diameter is 3", and as best as I can determine, the hole through the sheet metal would ideally be 2 9/16".
I have maybe 8 or 9 of these. $5 each plus postage.

Bottom photo: Also want to buy these correct undercar fuel line grommets if anyone has new ones and is willing to sell. The photo was provided by another poster a few years ago. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Out of the office!
11,206 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I remember that thread well. In fact, that may be your photo I used. I don't believe anyone ever took on the job - wish I had the time - the need is certainly there. Wouldn't be a big money-maker, but not a waste of time either.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I want to have some of these rubber grommets reproduced. Is there anyone that has a drawing with the proper measurements? It would also be helpful if someone would lend me a good rubber grommet that can be used to make a mold. If someone is able to assist me with my project, I will give them a set for their car when I have them produced.

I'm also thinking of having some rubber window stops reproduced. These are the ones that the window rests on when it is rolled down.

These items are for a 1969 round tail spider but probably will fit other year/models.

I appreciate any help.

Stoneman

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Paul...I'll take 2 of those....PM sent.

Stoneman, this was another one of the parts on my need to make list. But I'll take you up on your offer seeing that you're ahead of me. I created a drawing for part number 105.62.849.00 which is for the 1969 model year. The ones shown are for the 1971 model year ( 105.51.849.00) and have the additional slot for the small tank return vent line to intake manifold. Other than this the overall size and shape are identical I believe.....but it would be ideal if this can be confirmed by someone with a 1971 model version. Drawing is posted in the thread below...

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/car-restoration/156837-detailed-drawings-2.html#post1176003

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The overall diameter of the grommets I have are 3". As best as I can determine, the hole through the sheet metal would ideally be 2 9/16".

·
Out of the office!
11,206 Posts
The round grommet could be for the wiper motor and wiper washer line....

If you could tell us the size....I'll check against mine....in which case I'll take 2...thanks....PM sent.
The FIAT part number does not match up with any "old" Alfa part number.

The overall diameter of the grommets I have are 3". As best as I can determine, the hole through the sheet metal would ideally be 2 9/16".
That is a much larger diameter than the wiper wire grommet. These appear to be ones that go in the floor of a car for some wires to pass through. I suspect they are for Milano or newer cars. Or, some vintage "Bosch" Spider.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts