Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i recently posted that i am looking for a spider and have started my search and some of the spiders i am looking at need a new top....

what i am wondering is what kind of top do you guys recommend,some look like vinyl, while i have seen cloth mentioned as well.

i see the vendors in the suppliers sticky, but still am wondering what looks the best or IS the BEST etc etc etc.......

any help will be apreciated :cool:

thanks

doug hunt

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
NOT CARIBOU!!!!! Do a search and you'll see why..........:mad:

I like the looks of the cloth tops over vinyl, but if $$ was a big issue I would, and have, had a vinyl top and for the most part never noticed 'cause the top was always down anyway!!! :D

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
I happen to prefer the Elektron tops because of their great fit... Tightest fit IMO, and so the closest to the great OEM look... I would also encourage you to do a search since this topic (best top, and vinyl or cloth) has been covered in prior threads, and there are factors worth considering before making a decision...

Best regards,

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks i should have thought to search, i just posted right before i left work,i will do that this evening...

thanks again

doug hunt

·
Registered
159 Posts
No great personal experience here, but at one point I saw Alfa romeo tops with a zipper down back window available. If the rest of the top is good quality and the zipper doesn't leak this is a great option for places where the sun can get TOO hot on a longer drive. It also (theoretically) allows for protecting the plastic window from getting folds in it.

Good luck

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
No great personal experience here, but at one point I saw Alfa romeo tops with a zipper down back window available. If the rest of the top is good quality and the zipper doesn't leak this is a great option for places where the sun can get TOO hot on a longer drive. It also (theoretically) allows for protecting the plastic window from getting folds in it.

Good luck
I'm sure there is at least one thread where we spoke about the zippered window... Those tops are available on ebay and are from a known company. I've never had one, but having had a top with no window, :rolleyes: I will say that it is very nice for a drive when it's just too sunny to keep the top down for long periods...

Best regards,

·
Registered
9,977 Posts
Do a search and you'll find quite a few threads with specific recommendations. The cloth looks best, but is most expensive. Vinyl looks good and is very easy to clean and is inexpensive. Regardless of which one you choose, the quality of the installation is extremely important. I've seen some nice tops that looked like the Three Stooges installed them.

·
Registered
612 Posts
My choice was Tops online, and my choice was the vinyl one without padded q-panels. though remember about cables and eventually weatherstripping (moldings...)

·
Premium Member
13,487 Posts
I bought 2 tops within a few months of each other from different suppliers. I strongly recommend Topsonline.
Ed Prytherch
79 Spider
2 x 88 Milano Verde's

1 - 11 of 11 Posts