Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had the new top installed yesterday---WOW! What a difference!

First of all, I changed colors--tan to black...it's like a whole different looking Alfa! Now the body color & the new Panasport rims 'pop'! To me the change is dramatic...

The new cloth top also has the 'zip-down-back-window'. The interior temp change is amazing! I'm in So. Florida & one of the main reasons for getting the new top was the 'zipper-dealie'...it's well worth the additional $100!!!

And lastly, having the top replaced by my Alfa shop was pricey, but well worth the cost. Having the top installed by someone who REALLY knows how it should be done makes all the difference in the world! The P/O had the 'old' top put on by somebody, for all I know, who may have been used to installing 'drywall'... obviously he wasn't an Alfa person, or even a convertible top person. The new 'fit' not only looks good, but it has reduced a huge amount of wind-noise! Also the way the new top 'seals' all around where the old-top leaked should eliminate the that problem.

I'm one-happy-puppy!

Regards.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
Slam105,
Your Spider looks awesome! I agree that the black color top adds to overall look, and goes very nicely with the wheels and tires... I also partial to the zippered window option - ever since I had the "privilege" (read no money) of owning a Spider with a top, but no rear window. :D

Best regards,

·
Weaving a Spider's Web.
1,156 Posts
She's looking hot :D I love the black top and am wishing I had a zipper back window on mine too.

·
Premium Member
1,187 Posts
Great looking S4.

What brand is the top? I have not seen a zippered rear window offered anywhere for a spider.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the positive responses, folks! I appreciate them. The more I 'stare' at the Alfa the more I'm 'amped' I had the top done!

Regards.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
351 Posts
Slam105, love the new top. I'm glad to hear that both you and Enrique recommend the zippered window version. I'll look into it when I replace mine. Who is your ALFA shop in your area and if you don't mind how much did they charge to do the installation?

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Slam105, love the new top. I'm glad to hear that both you and Enrique recommend the zippered window version. I'll look into it when I replace mine. Who is your ALFA shop in your area and if you don't mind how much did they charge to do the installation?
Thanks! The 'zip-down' is the way to go...

The shop is Stephens' Alfa in Pompano Beach. Richard Stephens is a good guy & an Alfa expert! Top & install=$850. Initially I thought the price was a bit steep, but once I saw the quality of the top & how difficult it was to install it properly I figured it was well worth it! And
what the hey: '...it's only money...'!

Regards.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I like to do all the work on my car but, I've decided to have a professional do the top. It's not something I want to mess up. Thanks for the reply. When it's time I might take the drive down south to have it done.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Slam,

Just curious, but it looks as if your spider is sitting a little too high. Did you raise it or is that the "factory" ride height? BTW the black top works far better with a red exterior.

streetfame
street-

Thanks. I don't know about the "ride height"...I changed tire size & rims, but I don't think that affected it any---if at all.

Thanks & regards.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.