Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would appreciate any advice regarding which top manufacturer to use for my 67 duetto. Classic alfa sells what is billed as a german " mohair"model. Then there is Robbins { recommended by a friend } and Haartz. Any testamonials would be most welcome.

· Registered
101 Posts
I was recommended to go with Robbins and use topsonline.com (which is actually Vic'S Upholstery Supply, Inc., Panorama City, CA 91402). I have heard a lot of good things about Robbins soft tops.

· Registered
8,175 Posts
I used Topsonline (EZ-ON) with no issues.

· Administrator
'66 Sprint GT, '67 Duetto, '70 BMW 2800CS
13,366 Posts
I would appreciate any advice regarding which top manufacturer to use for my 67 duetto.
I write the same thing every time someone asks this question: are you going to install the top yourself, or have an upholstery shop do it?

If you do it yourself, then your question is relevant.

But a pro is going to install it, he is likely to insist on using a top of his choosing - and purchasing - because:

- he can't produce a good final result if he has to start with what he considers an inferior top.

- he wants to pocket the markup from wholesale-to-retail.

· Registered
8,175 Posts
I write the same thing every time someone asks this question: are you going to install the top yourself, or have an upholstery shop do it?

If you do it yourself, then your question is relevant.

But a pro is going to install it, he is likely to insist on using a top of his choosing - and purchasing - because:

- he can't produce a good final result if he has to start with what he considers an inferior top.

- he wants to pocket the markup from wholesale-to-retail.
Agreed on this in all accounts.

I was lucky to find an installer who agreed to install the top I purchased.

· Registered
101 Posts
I have talked to three pro upholstery installers, here locally, who have installed soft tops to Alfa Romeo Spiders before. One of them wants to buy the soft top by himself because I assume he wants to pocket the markup from wholesale-to-retail and the other two are perfectly fine with me bringing the soft top from topsonline.com to them and both told me that they can produce a good final result if the top is a Robbins top.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts