Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I'm new to this forum but have been an Alfa owner for over a decade. I started with a 91 Spider, back on tan back in 2010 and then added a 1989 Milano Verde about 3 years ago with 66,000 miles on it. That 3.0 V6 Busso is well worth the price of admission.

Poked around on this site in years past but decided I should take the plunge and join. When I figure out how to add photos, I will! Cheers to all.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure if that's the best way to post a photo but there's the Milano...looking forward to being a part of the community.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Nice - doubled down, I had a Verde, loved it

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I notice you have a Stelvio Ti. My daily is an Audi TTs 2016 but I think I made a mistake in buying it. It's a beautiful car to look at but it rides like a shopping cart and my two kids hate sitting in the back. I'm on the fence on a Giulia or a Stelvio. I've driven the Stelvio but never the Giulia (but I'm assuming they're quite similar). Any comments about owning your Stelvio so far?

·
Registered
539 Posts
@Jcards First the Stelvio...it is a great CUV, outdrives every competitor except more expensive Macan. No reliability issues for me, for Stelvio replace the battery with a fully charged AGM unit, solves nearly all electrical glitches. Not nearly as many software issues as early Guilia, that seems in rear view mirror. Ti rides well on 19” wheels with 255/50-19. Used 2.0 and Quads are a great deal. 2.0 maintenance especially at good independent garage is affordable. I have 37k miles on mine. Great in snow with AWD system. Sport seats better than base, but PM me for more details on easy fix. Headlights are awesome. 2020 have some good interior upgrades.

Mu ex-wife has a Guilia Ti. Ride is better, it is much lighter, and the wheels/tires unsprung weight lower.

Kids will love either one. Depends on how much space you want. Of course neither is huge interior for class. My dog crate fits in back of Stelvio.

Nice to have an Alfa daily driver for harsher winter regions. AGM battery. Like most modern cars, very sensitive to battery voltage. Use a tender if not driven regularly. BMW, Volvo, Lexus others have had similar issues although my car has original Varta 2017-installed battery and no tender but I drive it regularly. NO issues, one minor recall update. Awesome vehicle with true Alfa qualities.

Nice red Verde. Love Alfa transaxle cars. 🍀

·
Registered
539 Posts
Go to stelvioforum.com and guilia forums.com, lots of posting, not so much here on the AlfaBB.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts