Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just scored myself a set of nice BWAs for my Berlina (a mere $200 and they are in good condition). I was amazed the first time I picked on up. They are incredibly light. They are going to look awesome on the Berlina. Hellz yeah.

I haven't had then mounted yet...I'm waiting until I buy new tires to do that.

Anyhoo...what's the story with BWAs? Anyone else run 'em?

·
Supporting Vendor
4,422 Posts
Are these the "Sport Star" 4 spoke BWA wheels? I have seen a number of styles, including a BBS-style mesh and a 5 spoke as well.

I know these were available through Bobcor Alfa, to name just one US vendor. A umber of people use them for race wheels, you can bet they have decent strenth.

$200 seems a very good buy on those!

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup, they are the Sport Star 4 spoke.

I was told they wouldn't crack and are very strong for how light they are.

I can't wait to clean 'em up and have 'em mounted. They are used but I know that he could have sold 'em for way more.

I'll take photos when they are mounted.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,422 Posts
More BWA Info...

FWIW, I have a BWA steering wheel on my GTV. I found it NOS a few years ago. Here's a page on BWA road wheels from an old Bobcor catalog, circa 1988.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
I have the BWA Sportstars on my GTV too. It came with the car when I bought it.

Anthony has at least four or five sets of them, look at his 681 race car. :D

JoeCab, do you have a picture of the steering wheel?

·
Supporting Vendor
4,422 Posts
BWA Steering Wheel

Here is a photo. I have never seen another one like it, for sale or otherwise.

When I bought this, it was in a generic box that said "Sport Steering Wheel" or something to that effect. It has BWA Benzoni stamped on the back. It shares a bolt pattern with the Nardi wheels, so a hub was not that difficult to source.

I decided to go with a smaller, leather wheel and keep the original Personal wheel on ice as it's in perfect condition. Although I love the looks of these wood Personal wheel, they are a bit slippery for sweaty hands, especially at the track.

Attachments

·
Registered
230 Posts
The steering wheel does look awesome, I have the BWA Sportsrays, what is the difference between them and the other ones?

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The pattern is different. Look at the diagram that Meester Cabibbo posted earlier.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Just the pattern? no actual change in anything else? so they aren't like different models of BWAs, just like the same alloy wheel with different patterns?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Just the pattern? no actual change in anything else? so they aren't like different models of BWAs, just like the same alloy wheel with different patterns?

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have no idea. I would imagine that the weight may be different but whichever one they are these BWAs are great wheels and pretty rare.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts