Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1969 1750 Spider Dual 45DCOE (converted)
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am restarting a long awaited restoration of my 1969 1750 Duetto. I have owned this car since 1979, restored it then and drove it thru and past college until 1989 when I tore it down for some running gear work that turned into another restoration project. Life got in the way until now so it is time to get her back on the road. I will be taking her back to near original but due to some rust issues in the past and frankly, time allotted to the project I will not be trying to make it a 90+ point show car. She will be a very well restored daily driver. I am wondering however, for overall value sake, should I put the Spica fuel injection system back on it or stick with the dual Webers 32 DCOEs that I ran here with back in the day? Looking forward to sharing the progress with you and would be intersted in connecting any Alfa owners in the Northern California area. I am in Vacaville. The pics below are of the current condition and of how she
was dressed back in 89 before she was broken down for restoration.
Vehicle Tire Car Hood Wheel
Aircraft Vehicle Automotive tire Aerospace manufacturer Airplane
Wheel Tire Vehicle Hood Car

·
Premium Member
7,476 Posts
Stick with webers but save the spica stuff in case someone later wants it. Spica refurb is $2k minimum and Weber rebuild is a few hundred bucks. The car had carbs in Europe, only North America got spica.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
for overall value sake, should I put the Spica fuel injection system back on it or stick with the dual Webers 32 DCOEs that I ran here with back in the day?
Spica all the way.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Use what you have, but it’s kinda personal choice. The Webers sound better for me. I am removing Spica now in favor of Webers since I already have a full ported head/matched manifold/Webers. Each has +/-. The tide runs strong for stock-spec cars to do Spica if it is a North American car. Budget might matter if you have a good Weber set-up for refurb and don’t have a good Spica pump including brackets, injectors, pipes and all the component parts for the pump (TA, etc). Just get in the pump rebuild line and it will be ready when the rest of your effort is ready to go. Or get in a line to have carbs professionally redone as needed, a shorter or do-it yourself line depending on the carbs’ condition.

Tons of threads on Spica vs Weber. Choose your favorite.

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
Welcome home! You‘ve got some interesting ghosts in your past….a TF with Alfa Romeo power?! I like Webers but there is something cool about Spica FI. I’d keep the fuel injection if I went with carbs.

I love the period photo….is that a 120?

-tj in the Cruz Mtns

1 - 11 of 11 Posts