Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all.

Just thought I would drop in, say hello and introduce myself. Obviously new to the forums...also new to Alfa Romeo ownership! Traded my Holden Astra (*cough cough*) for a 1998 GTV 2.0L and I simply love it.

Look forward getting to know more about these great cars.

Amanda.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You're now an official petrol-head by Jeremy Clarkson's standards.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hi Noir. Welcome to the BB and good to see a lady participant. The Aussie forums are mostly full of blokes, despite the ladies having a large share of the Alfa's we see on the roads. Good on ya.

Good luck with the GTV. They're a beautiful thing. Find a good mechanic who knows their way around them would be sound advice. My experience with Fiat Alfa's is that they are pretty tough units, but expect to lay out enough to keep it well serviced and maintained, and it will reward you more than an Astra or the like ever could.

Italian engineering is certainly not for everybody, they can be very demanding vehicles, but persevere and you might discover that you could never drive anything but. I often find myself climbing out of my Alfa's and having to wipe the insane grin off my face. People start to wonder what your problem is!

Enjoy it.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
So, you've traded a pretty credible, reliable and well-engineered small car for an italian sportscar of questionable pedigree, with temperamental mechanicals and plumetting value.

You're amongst friends, welcome. You're going to enjoy that car.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
welcome to the board!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts