Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Picked up a 1985 Alfa Romeo Spider Graduate that has been sitting for 10 years under a tarp. Body is good with very light rust in a spot or 2 in floor pans. Top, seats & carpet behind seats need replaced.
Guy said the starter Benedict hung. Melted wire to starter, & alternator. I found where starter wire got shorted to ground wire that caused the problem. Replaced all burnt wires & starting system works fine now. It starts fine on starting fluid but not getting fuel to injectors. I've checked the cut off switch & will start checking power to pumps when time permits. Most things seems fairly straightforward on these machines. I'm refurbishing it to give to a grandson. I'm sure I'll be searching the forum & asking questions as I progress along.
I have refurbished a few cars & motorcycles through my lifetime. Old &Slow now but for $300 I couldn't pass this one up.
Robert from TN.
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
divotandtralee I checked the tank & it was bone dry.
ghnl thanks for the link. I'll study up on it & get familiar with this particular system.

Robert from TN

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you southernstar. Already have 71 Karamengia & BMW Z3 & didn't need it but the guy's wife had told him "get that thing out of my yard". Just couldn't turn it down.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts