Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 1974 Berlina from another BB'r. My car has a hairline crack in the windscreen on the passenger side corner that does not appear to be repairable.

That said I seem to remember the 74's have "glued in" windshields and rear windows? Correct?

Does anyone know where I can source a windshield that will work with the older style "not glued in rubber"?

And for that matter where can I source the rubber and chrome trim?

Can I reuse the deco trim from my existing windscreen and rear window?

Is the rear window "glued in" as well?

I will have to remove both front and rear glass to have some minor rust repairs addressed anyway and I wanted to source all of the parts BEFORE I start removing parts.

Thanks in advance!

Andrew

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Andrew,

Rear window is gasketed and the same for all Berlinas although I'm not sure that all have defroster wires (as if they'd work anyway :p ).

Trim from a glue-in windshield cannot be used for a gasket type. The gasket Berlina windshield is the same as a Giulia Super. Prosource glass (I think they're in MA) had some of these made a while back so you might check with them. The trim is a bit hard to find but is the same as a Giulia Super in the front.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you!

Andrew,

Rear window is gasketed and the same for all Berlinas although I'm not sure that all have defroster wires (as if they'd work anyway :p ).

Trim from a glue-in windshield cannot be used for a gasket type. The gasket Berlina windshield is the same as a Giulia Super. Prosource glass (I think they're in MA) had some of these made a while back so you might check with them. The trim is a bit hard to find but is the same as a Giulia Super in the front.
I wonder if I can source the rubber gasket and trim from the EU? There must be someone making repro Giulia Super trim?

Thanks Again!

Andrew

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
The windshield gasket is available from Centerline Alfa as a Giulia Super gasket, part # WS130. The rear window gasket for the Super is not the same as the Berlina and I'm not sure who carries it. I've got one in a box that I bought from Andrew Watry a few years back and haven't used yet. I may have a set of windshield trim in storage and will look next time I'm there. I'm not aware of anyone making the trim. Centerline has it available for GTV windshield conversions but there are a lot more of those being restored. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
1984 GTV6, 1973 Berlina, 1987 Milano
1,837 Posts
I have a friend who is trying to source a set of early windshield trim, and I'm sure he'll post here when/if he finds it.

There was a thread here recently about the glass being available. Mine also has the crack and the rust, but I'm leaving them alone for now.

·
Premium Member
22,984 Posts
Centerline got a run of rear window gaskets for Berlinas 10 years ago, and ended up selling most of them to me at a loss. I parceled them out and don't have any left.
Bill S is right-on re windshields. Finding the large glue-in glass will have to be a lucky break; they were used only on US cars 71-74, which is only a couple thousand cars. A local friend happened to find one for his 72 last year, but he got lucky. Unless you find a dusty one in a warehouse, what you're most likely going to find around new is the smaller gasketed glass. Close to 700,000 of those were made (all Giulias and all non-US Berlinas) so they should be much more plentiful. Which is not to say a ton are left.
Andrew

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all of the replies

I am definitely in the market for:

- tinted winshield (glue in or gasket)
- windshield rubber
- windshield trim to match gasket windshield

- rear window gasket

Any and all leads welcome and greatly appreciated!

Thanks again!

Andrew

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Berlina glass

I bought a tinted rubber seal windshield from Richard at Pro Source last year and the rear window rubber seal I sourced from Christian at OKP. I may have a spare front aluminum trim from a '69 Berlina. It would need to be polished, and is kind of a pain to ship.

Stu

'65 Ti
'67 Super
'68 Berlina

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am interested in the Aluminum trim...

Stu,

I realize the trim would be a PITA to figure out how to ship. If you are up to the challenge I will of course pay you for the part, your time, and trouble.

Thanks for the lead on ProSource having the rubber seal! They are in MASS too! Nice. Did the seal the provide work well?

Thanks again! my email [email protected]

Andrew

I bought a tinted rubber seal windshield from Richard at Pro Source last year and the rear window rubber seal I sourced from Christian at OKP. I may have a spare front aluminum trim from a '69 Berlina. It would need to be polished, and is kind of a pain to ship.

Stu

'65 Ti
'67 Super
'68 Berlina

·
Premium Member
22,984 Posts
No, the glass came from MASS and the seal came from OKParts in Europe. Breakers/parts folks outside the US are more likely to have the gasket-glass trim.
Andrew

·
Registered
228 Posts
I have both front and rear euro gaskets for a berlina , NOS pirelli or akron, in perfect condition. Have also some nos trims for the gaskets, not complete, I'sure for the lowest rear trim must see for the other. pm me in a case of any interest.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
PM sent

I have both front and rear euro gaskets for a berlina , NOS pirelli or akron, in perfect condition. Have also some nos trims for the gaskets, not complete, I'sure for the lowest rear trim must see for the other. pm me in a case of any interest.
PM Sent. THank you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts