Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently bought a 1991 Alfa Romeo, Spider. I am having some problems with the wiring. The two problems that I am having right now are, the radiator fan relay, and the rear wiring for my lights. I need some help and any info would be greatly apreciated.

·
Registered
437 Posts
You might want to explain a little more so we will be able to help you...
What are the problems? don't they work? they work from time to time?
what did you check so far?
Saar.

btw, I think there should be a rule here, if you bought a new Alfa and you ask questions, you must upload a picture of your Alfa :)

·
Registered
585 Posts
And after the pictures, Papajam will probably send you,. if asked, the beautiful color wireing diagram for your car. He is very knowledgable in all Alfas.

·
Registered
48 Posts
1. Start now by checking and/or re-setting any ground you find, especially those associated by proximity with current electrical issues.

2. Assume any well-built fine exotic requires routine maintenance and replacement of parts. It is part of the responsibility of ownership. Start that now as well. Replace inexpensive things that could break, such as hoses, filters, plugs, relays, switches, fuses...even if they don't need it now.

3. While Alfas are considered by many to be esoteric, I have found them to be very practical and reliable cars when properly maintained.

4. Welcome to the ABB forum and the Alfa community. Everything will be different now, as others introduce you to strangers and say, "and btw, he owns an Alfa." Takes awhile to get used to it actually.

Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you to all.

First off let me start by saying thank you guys for your responses. The main problem right now is My Alfa started to over heat. The fans were not turning on so the mechanic did a quick fix and rewired the fans so when I start the car the fans come on, actually only one comes on. I have not had any heating problems yet but I would just like to actually fix the problem. The second problem is that I have no power to the drivers side rear lights. I will be honest, I hate electrical problems but would like to fix my Alfa. It is my project car and I would like to keep it around for a long time. I just need some basic help. Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
1,982 Posts
The lights issue should not be very difficult. Is it the turn signal as well as the brake indicator and taillights, or just the taillights? What about the reverse lights? If it is just the turn signal, then tracking down the problem may be a little more difficult (but not overwhelming).

On my '85, the wiring for the rear taillights, brake lights, and reverse lights comes from the switches, etc. to the drivers' side rear lights, where the wiring for the passenger side lights branch off. If your's is the same, and the passenger side lights work, then you know that your problem lies between where the branching occurs and the bulb and ground. You may have a grounding problem (a notorious problem generally on Alfas), you may have a loose wire connection, or the bulb sockets may be corroded and need to be cleaned up. (I'm assuming that you checked the bulbs).

If you haven't gotten it yet, it will make your life much easier if you get the wiring diagram for you car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts