Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready for the driving season. I am retiring the original Pirelli 155/15's.
I am wondering what to go with next, the price of the Pirelli's is nuts... but given the right rationale I may be convinced to go with them.
Second question is whether I would go with 165/15's. I think I read (on the BB)that the 165's were OE on some cars. Mine is not a Veloce. The car is original with no suspension alterations.
Thanking those with any suggestions.

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
I think the best for driving your Giulia would be a set of 155-15 Vredestein tires.
Many here find them to be great tires that have the right look for our vintage cars.
FWIW..
I put a set of 165-15 Vreds on my '64 spider and wish I had not. They are larger than the 165 Pirellis that I had before.
Randy

·
Registered
54 Posts
new tires

Getting ready for the driving season. I am retiring the original Pirelli 155/15's.
I am wondering what to go with next, the price of the Pirelli's is nuts... but given the right rationale I may be convinced to go with them.
Second question is whether I would go with 165/15's. I think I read (on the BB)that the 165's were OE on some cars. Mine is not a Veloce. The car is original with no suspension alterations.
Thanking those with any suggestions.

Vredestein 155/15 was a very good choice for my Giulia (original car, no suspension alteration, not a Veloce). Excellent price (on line shop).
Please visit this thread for story and pics.
Ciao
Andrea

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/giulietta-giulia-1954-65/178034-new-tires-fitted.html

·
Registered
115 Posts
Yes, 155-15 Vredesteins are the way to go. I love them!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Same question here. I was going to get the Pirellis, but they are currently not available in Europe. So I will probably go for the Michelin XAS. The original tires on mine were the Pirellis, but it currently has the XAS (from 1982, enough tread, but too old).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts