Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was able to borrow 5 maps of "Assistenza Technica" from a fellow Alfist.They contain all the Electrical and Electronic Diagnoses(wiring included) of the full range of 164's, starting 1988 and ending 1998.All the models are included; not only the V6 and 24V but the TD (3 enginetypes), TS, V6TB, and the Q4.One of the books is in english, the others in german.

Lastweek I spend hours copying pages in the local supermarket.I will try to make an "add on" to the current Cardisk info.

If you're interested, you can download a preview of the Q4 and TB here:

Box.net - Free Online File Storage, Internet File Sharing, Online Storage, Access Documents & Files Anywhere, Backup Data, Send Files

Feel free to copy the Q4 info as well.

Arjen

·
Premium Member
27,522 Posts
Interesting tech data thanks for sharing it with us.

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
Wow, that has some amazing detail very cool indeed

·
Premium Member
27,522 Posts
Jon what are we still doing up this time of the morning? Good Tech data is interesting for these cars and hard to find.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
G'Day Arjen,

I thank you from the bottom of my heart for taking this on, I know just how massive an undertaking this is.

I do suggest that you try a few different settings on your scanner before going too far. You're currently scanning in color mode which causes that 'rainbow' effect.

I scan at 300dpi using two different scanners (A4 and A3). With the A4 (Canon) scanner I use a mode called "Text Enhanced" and with the A3 (Mustek) a mode called "Lineart". These modes seem to give the best results from Alfa manuals.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Great stuff!!! This can definitely help keeping my Q4 going, especially now that the timing belt has just been replaced - so that I can keep on adding to the 375kkm (235k miles) :D

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
Me up?

Jon what are we still doing up this time of the morning? Good Tech data is interesting for these cars and hard to find.
What are you doing up Steve lol! Yes the BB is a very addictive website, can keep me entertained for hours on end. When it was done I did not know what to do with myself!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
G'Day Arjen,

I thank you from the bottom of my heart for taking this on, I know just how massive an undertaking this is.

I do suggest that you try a few different settings on your scanner before going too far. You're currently scanning in color mode which causes that 'rainbow' effect.

I scan at 300dpi using two different scanners (A4 and A3). With the A4 (Canon) scanner I use a mode called "Text Enhanced" and with the A3 (Mustek) a mode called "Lineart". These modes seem to give the best results from Alfa manuals.
The best results I get overhere with my CanonScan are in the colourmode, after I first copied them(in the supermarket into black and white)

The replies are encouraging me to scan some more info...

Arjen

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
G'Day Arjen,

I forgot about the photocopies, photocopies are much harder to get a good scan from. You won't want to do it but the best results I got from photocopies was by copying onto yellow paper. It's a lot of messing around and I still haven't finished that manual.

Grayscale should give as good a scan as color, the scan time will be faster and the file much smaller.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts